General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

BBC Springwatch

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mel Fairy Godmother

Mel Fairy Godmother Report 8 Jun 2015 22:56

Does anyone email Springwatch please?

I am concerned because they keep saying people should feed the hedgehogs in their gardens with cat food but they DON'T say it must not contain any FISH. Any fish will give a hog green diarrhea and could be fatal.

Hedgehogs can eat beef, rabbit, turkey and mainly chicken. They should not have any milk as they are lactol intolerant ONLY WATER.

There is even a special hedgehog food called Spike but it is quite expensive.

If anyone can email this to Springwatch for me I would be very grateful as I am not aloud to email them.

Thank you for reading this and I would love to hear from any of you who feed your hogs in your garden. I have done this now for five years and have at least 7 different hogs in the garden.

You can say it is from Mel.

Thanks once again.

Mel x

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 9 Jun 2015 20:24

I am intrigued to know why you are not allowed to e-mail Springwatch.

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 9 Jun 2015 20:29

People use Twitter to contact Springwatch

Mel Fairy Godmother

Mel Fairy Godmother Report 10 Jun 2015 01:20

Thanks for your replies.

Not aloud on twitter or face book.

Mel Fairy Godmother

Mel Fairy Godmother Report 10 Jun 2015 17:40

Bumping up.

Mel Fairy Godmother

Mel Fairy Godmother Report 11 Jun 2015 18:28

So I have only got tonight and nobody is prepared to help me. :-(

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 11 Jun 2015 18:37

It's not a case of not wanting to help you.
It's a case of I don't have Twitter and don't want it.

Have you tried just emailing the BBC they will more than likely pass a message on to Michaela Strachan.

Mel Fairy Godmother

Mel Fairy Godmother Report 20 Jun 2015 16:58

Thanks Sue I may try that.

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 20 Jun 2015 17:16

That is true, i used to help at a wildlife rescue centre and the donations of catfood had to be separated as soon as they came in so the hedhehogs would not be fed the ones with fish in.. i would have thought the BBC would check out things like that on wildlife programmes.