General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The kitchen tap

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 16 Jun 2015 01:43

is kaput!

:-(

We have a double sink in the kitchen, with a fancy tap.... flick mixer with a hose attachment. The tap is stuck, won't swivel. Got the plumber in, the inside of the tap is worn out.. and it's only 8 years old (warranty only lasts 5 years).

We've ordered a new one....... nearly fell over at the price......$353.99!!!

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 16 Jun 2015 02:30

How much?

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 16 Jun 2015 03:19

sheeez!

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 16 Jun 2015 03:44

It's not made of gold......... half of it is plastic!!

And we'll have to also pay for a plumber to put it in!! Already paid him $60 to tell us the old one was no good.

That wasn't a typo..........$353.99.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 16 Jun 2015 07:18

Grief!! :-0

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 16 Jun 2015 15:00

our tap is a dual hot n cold , started leaking, so opened it up to find the 'O' rings were u/s

went to a local bearing supplier...........two new different sizes of 'o' ring for about 50 p each

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 17 Jun 2015 02:48

Ours wasn't leaking, it was just stuck. It wouldn't swivel from one side to the other.

http://www.reece.com.au/bathrooms/products/porcher/porcher-saga-pull-out-sink-mixer-9502006

Our old one has a different handle........ this new one looks easier to clean :-)

I'm still reeling at the price :-(

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 22 Jun 2015 05:33

Waiting for the plumber.

He said "I'll be there on Monday"

It's now 2.30 pm.

Where is he?

I've got everything out of the cupboard under the sink (not easy with a wonky hip)!

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 22 Jun 2015 08:31

It's now 5.30pm

and I haven't seen the plumber

:-P

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 22 Jun 2015 08:34

:-( :-( :-( :-(

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 22 Jun 2015 09:52

Oh dear

what was it?

the best laid plans of mice and men?

oft gang aglay????

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 22 Jun 2015 10:20

Nah

The bad memory of an Irish plumber

:-D

REALLY bad memory....... we were out yesterday, came home & found a message on the answering machine from him........... "I'll be at yours tomorrow" :-S

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 22 Jun 2015 10:46

We had one just like that when we moved in here nearly 2 years ago Ours hadn't been fitted properly and instead of the tap swivelling the whole housing spun round and started twisting the piping. OH got so fed up with putting it right he eventually took it out and replaced it with a conventional swivel tap without the hose.

Hope your plumber turns up soon.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 22 Jun 2015 12:43

His parents must have known he would grow up to be a plumber....

His initials are WC :-D

Meanwhile, the kitchen tap is driving me crazy! It won't swivel at all, it's stuck between the two sinks. We either have to use the hose, or have water run into both sinks.

Merlin

Merlin Report 22 Jun 2015 13:52

Was his surname FIELDS ? :-D