General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Message in the in box

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 17 Jun 2015 23:44

According to the little +1 sign next to the purple message symbol I have a message in my in box. When I try to open it I can't. I've tried logging out and in again and opening sent, new message etc all to no avail

Is anyone else having this problem please?

I'm sorry to whoever sent the message but I am unable to read and answer it.

Autumnleaves

Autumnleaves Report 18 Jun 2015 00:02

I had the opposite . I could read the message but not reply to it. Instead of the usual reply or delete, all that was there was delete.

I did eventually get through .are you only allowed a certain amount , or should I have been moving some elsewhere?

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 18 Jun 2015 04:45

it's just GR acting up again!!!

Neither of you should be having a problem

Contact GR at

[email protected]

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 18 Jun 2015 07:45

I've noticed the message box has been very slow in opening recently. I have to wait patiently and click it fairly frequently before it eventually opens. :-(

Joy

Joy Report 18 Jun 2015 12:52

Apparently I have more than four new messages, but this is not true. I reported this months ago and it was referred to the technical team.

wisechild

wisechild Report 18 Jun 2015 13:44

My message box has been telling me for about a year that I have a message. I do look periodically to see if it´s true, but it rarely is, so if I´ve missed a message from anyone, I apologise.

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 18 Jun 2015 16:33

Thanks for the replies and sorry I'm late in answering. I click on the purple box it takes me to messages, I click on 'in box' and this opens but there is not a new message there!
Its very annoying and I'll just keep trying it each time I'm on GR.

Wendy

EDIT..... I've also emailed GR

Graham

Graham Report 18 Jun 2015 17:17

GR are probably trying to work out how to read their emails now :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 18 Jun 2015 17:30

My message box told me for about 3 years that I had 2 new messages.

I could never find them .............. so I eventually stopped worrying, and just watched to see if +2 became +3 or more

it's been a problem on and off ofr at least 4 years ................. and GR never seems able to get it working properly.

Not worth worrying about, IMHO

If you glance down the first page in your Inbox, and there is no new message .............. just ignore it.

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 18 Jun 2015 18:23

:-) at Graham

Sylvia, I agree about ignoring it just as long as I'm not ignoring someone who has messaged be

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 18 Jun 2015 19:40

Wendy

if all the messages on the first page of your Inbox show the green arrow and you recognise the names, then you have no need to worry that you are ignoring someone.

It is annoying, I know, to always have that +1 showing but my experience was that GR did, or could do, nothing to correct the matter ................

s
x

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 18 Jun 2015 20:47

Sylvia thanks .

Please will you do me a favour and send me a message to see if the +1 changes to +2 and if I can see your message x

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 18 Jun 2015 21:59

just sent the pm

Sorry, I was on abother site, so have only just seen this message

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 19 Jun 2015 13:04

Thanks Sylvia it showed as +2 and I could open your message x

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 19 Jun 2015 19:49

good!!