General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family Tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dian

Dian Report 27 Jun 2015 15:43

Is it possible to delete your entire family tree and start again? if so how is it this done please?.

Thanking you
Dian

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 27 Jun 2015 15:48

You could import a GEDCOM with just one person in it and this would overwrite your current tree

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 27 Jun 2015 16:28

Yes, you can.

You can remove your entire family tree leaving only your registration details by clicking here.

Your request to completely delete your tree will be placed in a queue and actioned shortly afterwards. The removal of your tree is not instant. When you delete your tree, all the names apart from your own (or the name you've entered as the opening point of your tree) will be permanently removed and cannot be reinstated. Once the tree has been deleted though, you'll be able to add the names again.

If you want to read the rest of this, it is under Help, then FAQs, then Family Tree.

Dian

Dian Report 27 Jun 2015 20:32

Thank you both very much

joysie4

joysie4 Report 28 Jun 2015 20:44

I have just seen this post as this is what I want todo but add a new gedcom with all my surnames in from my family tree maker

If this doesnt work I wont bother as I have so many people to add in which would take months and will put me off tracing anymore

your advice will be welcomed

thank you joyce m

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 28 Jun 2015 21:11

If you want to upload a Gedcom from FTM, you don't need to delete the original because the Gedcom will override it.

Kense

Kense Report 29 Jun 2015 11:01

I can confirm what Andysmum says. I have done it a couple of times and it has worked well.

If you currently have hot matches that you might use then I should note them before you do the import. They may appear to be still there afterwards but when you click on them they are unrelated.