General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

An extra second in bed tonight

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 30 Jun 2015 21:47

At midnight tonight all clocks will pause for a second (a leap second) to allow time to get back in sync with the rotation of the earth.

Last time it was done -2012- it caused chaos in some places as computers crashed.

For full details try this link

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/11706014/Clocks-to-read-115960-tonight-as-time-lords-add-leap-second.html

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 30 Jun 2015 22:23

Nah - If there are any problems, they'll blame it on the wrong type of heat ;-) :-D

Von

Von Report 30 Jun 2015 22:29

And Venus and Jupiter are supposed to appear really close together and I was looking forward to seeing them.

We have the clearest blue skies all day and now its clouded over. :-( :-( :-(

I shall use my extra second to contemplate life the universe and everything ;-) ;-) ;-)

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 30 Jun 2015 23:40

A second? that's time for an orgasm, isn't it? when the earth moves, or doesn't, as the case may be........

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 30 Jun 2015 23:52

Dear All

Hello

I am waiting in anticipation for the extra second!

Hello Von......I was looking forward to seeing the two planets together.
Cloudy over here in London, too.

Take gentle care
Best wishes
Elizabeth, EOS
xx

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 1 Jul 2015 01:28

I waited for the special leap second and contemplated my navel.

Ommmmmmm.

:-)

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 1 Jul 2015 11:40

Fiddle de dee, I missed it :-(