General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

It´s been a week

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 1 Jul 2015 23:19

It has been a long, sad, lonely week. My Minx is home, not in body but her ashes are back and she will be in our hearts forever.

I will not apologise for my sorrow, but I will say sorry to those who have contacted me or expressed their concern, for my lack of reply.
I don´t know what to say apart from thanks, I have no words to explain my heartbreak nor would I wish to foist my sorrow on you all.

Losing Minx means I have to learn to live in the "other" world again and I am not yet ready to do that, or explain
I am not even ready to tell you what an angel she really was. <3
I thank you all for your patience with me, for your thoughts, hugs and all. I do appreciate it even if I don´t know how to tell you.
I am not good at saying thanks when my heart is broken, so all I can do is say Thanks <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 you lot are the best <3 <3 <3

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 1 Jul 2015 23:25

those of us who have cats and dogs feel for you Uzzi - over the years I've wept buckets for various cats and dogs - one in particular I lost when I was a teenager many moons ago - I can still see her lovely little face - even after so many years - they bring so much happiness and comfort into our lives

Take care Uzzi - the pain will ease in time but you will never forget her <3 <3 <3 <3

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 1 Jul 2015 23:31

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 1 Jul 2015 23:36

that inevitable thank you. Ann I do appreciate your thoughts. So many people are going to think that I am sad as I have a necklace that will take some of her ashes. As OH has a bracelet, the rest will be in an urn, a beautiful urn. a very costly urn, but*shrugs* it´s my baby.

What else do you do when their your own ?

lavender

lavender Report 1 Jul 2015 23:56

Feeling for you, Uzzi. It is heartbreaking to lose a beloved pet. I was devastated to lose my first collie after only 13 months..

You must have many memories of special times… so sorry that you are going through this pain. I do hope that your heartache eases before too long, it won't mean that you care any the less..

Big hugs <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 2 Jul 2015 00:16

<3 <3 <3

She was the child i couldn´t have, she was the nightmare you didn´t want, but she was mine. She was loving and adorable, maybe too much, but I gave up nearly 10yrs of my life for her. with no regrets, She also gave her whole life to me. I ended that life, because I believed it was the best I could do for her, It hurt to do it, it guts me now. I never want to do that again.

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 2 Jul 2015 00:31

Bless you Uzzi. Thinking of you <3 <3

Sylvia xx

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 2 Jul 2015 00:58

one day the tears will stop, but the memories will never be lost

That stupid hooligan, that scruffy mutt held me together . I don´t know what to do with out her .
For nearly 10yrs she has been my life. everything I have done has been because of her. I now have a freedom that I neither want or know what to do with.

Ruddy Dogs :-D :-D :-D :-D

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 2 Jul 2015 01:15

I need to go to bed with a smile so we will have dads song when I was young
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt6xGqk0F0U

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 2 Jul 2015 01:31

maybe Old shep would have been better

The tears on my face does not reflect my heartache

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 2 Jul 2015 03:23

Let out your grief in whatever way makes sense to you Uzzi, take each day as it comes and accept the hugs, love and thoughts in the way they are given, freely and without needing acknowledgement or thanks.

Lizxx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 Jul 2015 09:14

<3 <3 <3 She, as well as T, was your life Uzzi. That is why it is so hard. We all feel for you and feel sad that we can't help, nobody can. But we can understand and let you put some of your grief and feelings on here. She is there in your heart, a big part of your life and you gave her her life. You only ended that life to save her pain, and that was probably the bravest thing you have done. Obviously you can't see it now but that grief will ease as all grief does, that doesn't mean you will forget her, it just means that you will learn to live with it. And maybe one day, Mini will do something that reminds you of Minx and make you smile. <3 <3 <3

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 2 Jul 2015 09:25

you can do this uzzi
I am so sorry that you have ot
but minx is willing you on ((hug)) xx <3 <3

Sharron

Sharron Report 2 Jul 2015 10:19

My Mond is in the back garden with a bit of his daddy and I hope they are somewhere with Minx, having a wonderful existence.

Barbra

Barbra Report 2 Jul 2015 10:32

Dear Uzzi .it is very hard to come to terms with your loss .Just remember the love she gave you & the companionship x .you will have your special memories .it will heal in time honestly, .my scampy died 3months she was 14yrs old I just went to bed & cried didn't eat or drink for a week. people react in different ways it hurts. she was part of your life & very special ..Take care look after yourself (((((((hug)))))))) <3 Barbra

Mersey

Mersey Report 2 Jul 2015 11:13

Uzzi <3 <3

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 2 Jul 2015 13:24

Uzzi

I know what you are going through and the awful but loving decision that had to be made for their sake knowing that it was going to devastate you and hubby

We had to make that decision last july after months of daily visits to our vet with our little girl cat Mirabelle. she was 17 plus and we had had her from 7 months of age .

I knew at her initial diagnoses last feb that the day would come but I hoped with all the love that she had from both of us , and her beautiful personalty that it would never happen. AS she slowly went downhill despite all the meds and hugs and strokes our vet was upfront and said she isnt going to get through this but we can make her days as comfy as we can AND you will know when the time is right to say enough.

We did all we could and finally realized in the last couple of days that we loved her too much to see her getting worse and worse so we made that decision . It was one of the worse times of my life and we were both devastated. Still love her to bits and she is my screen saver on my PC ,i speak to her every day when i log in and tell her how much I miss her . Can now talk about her without crying but it is still hard .

They are so much part of our lives and give us as much love as we gave them so it HURTS like crazy losing them

Its early days for you losing YOUR girl but you gave her all your love and helped ease her passing which is the most loving thing we can do for them

Sending you my sincere hugs
<3

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 2 Jul 2015 16:02

Uzzi <3 <3 and ((((((hugs))))))

kandj

kandj Report 3 Jul 2015 14:09

Uzzi, I am so sorry for your loss. Pets are a real part of family life and give unconditional love for many years. It's natural to feel so distraught and distressed as Minx was your baby, and so it will take a long time to come to terms with a life without her being around. Take it slowly, genuine grief can't be rushed so be kind to yourself.
xxx