General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hungry?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 7 Jul 2015 13:07

Fancy a nibble?

:-D

http://www.msn.com/en-ie/foodanddrink/foodnews/50-weird-foods-to-try-before-you-die/ss-AA8AniB

They're not all weird........ I've tried some of them. :-D

Not the sheep head........ or the donkey's.............. :-0

Dermot

Dermot Report 7 Jul 2015 13:14

For a second, I thought you were talking about Hungary. :-D

BarbinSGlos

BarbinSGlos Report 7 Jul 2015 15:01

I think I'll give my evening meal a miss :-0 :-0

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 7 Jul 2015 16:53

I'm with you Barbs........retching here :-0 :-0

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 7 Jul 2015 19:33

Have to admit to have (knowingly) eaten 14 of those.
One was a bit of a 'cheat'. When I was a child the cat was fed boiled lights(lungs) or brains. I tried both. :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 7 Jul 2015 22:08

Most Brits have tried black pudding (I like it, DH hates it), but I haven't had it for ages........ last time was in Scotland.. over 15 years ago!

I've tried brains (don't like 'em)........ sea cucumber (it was like tasteless rubber that wouldn't get any smaller no matter how much I chewed it... it ended up in a tissue & I threw it in the bin).

Insects & snake.... no thanks! Maggotty cheese... no thanks! Tuna eyes... NO!

:-0 :-0 :-0

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 7 Jul 2015 22:52

When I was a child in England I used to love black pudding but when I came to Canada and found out that it was named blood pudding I realized what it was made from and never ate it again.

Dermot

Dermot Report 8 Jul 2015 11:20

In Ireland, there is a choice of either black pudding or white pudding. Both taste much the same.

They also sell red or white lemonade.