General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone watching The Syndicate?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 7 Jul 2015 22:34

I love this programme but I am really miffed.

How could the BBC get Type1 diabetes so wrong.
Amy was hypo glycemic.
Spencer injected her with insulin and, hey presto, she came round!

Hypo + Insulin = COMA!

Robert

Robert Report 8 Jul 2015 11:19

Don't know anything about diabetes, but there are many things wrong with this (boring) programme - Lenny Henry being one of them.

Penny

Penny Report 8 Jul 2015 15:52

Diabolical research.

if you ever find anyone that you even suspect to be diabetic beginning to behave oddly , the rule of thumb is to give them sugar/cola or something sweet , then call an ambulance.

Never EVER inject or attempt to inject them.
You will have no way immediate way of knowing which they are wihout faffing with a blood glucose test kit to hand, and may not know what is normal for them anyway.

The theory is if they are going Hypo ( lacking sugar) giving them sugar will help.. If they are hyper, well, they are already overloaded , and a bit more wont do much harm and MAY have been the saving of them. You have a 50% chance of getting it right.

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 8 Jul 2015 16:40

Some years ago, I found a man unconscious in a very hot car.
I knew he was diabetic because I found his insulin prescription in the glove box.

As he wasn't conscious, I couldn't get him to take a drink from the bottle of cola that was in the footwell, and as there was no glucose pen in his prescription packet, I had no option but call for an ambulance.

I didn't know much about T1D but .... I did know that he required glucose not insulin !

My own daughter has since developed T1D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 8 Jul 2015 17:40

Lenny Henry got on my nerves to be honest . his acting was very awkward but he did have a long winded script to get through