General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do the neighbours have garden gnomes?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 9 Jul 2015 12:05

Just wondering......

if this woman wanted something BIGGER..........

http://www.9news.com.au/National/2015/07/09/16/48/David-and-Goliath-battle-over-statue-in-Melbourne-front-yard

:-(

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 9 Jul 2015 12:18

URL slightly off - you'd added an inverted comma at the end ;-)

http://www.9news.com.au/National/2015/07/09/16/48/David-and-Goliath-battle-over-statue-in-Melbourne-front-yard

Its a bit. Um. Big! If they had loads of land between their front boundary and house, it might not have been so bad. The statue is too big for the plot :-0

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 9 Jul 2015 12:22

I love the actual statue and the replica is nice, but maybe it is on a too high plinth, maybe it should be more at ground level as it is a bit overpowering.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 9 Jul 2015 12:39

I can't stand gnomes myself they remind me very much of someone I strongly dislike. Still to each their own :-D :-D :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Jul 2015 13:05

i think its too big for the area its in, maybe on a smaller plinth would look better

Don't think I would like to live opposite it either. The owners only look at its backside!! the opposite neighbours have to look at the full frontal .

If the owners like it so much why don't they put it in their back garden where it wont annoy anyone.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 9 Jul 2015 13:21

I have a few from when the kids where little

I tend to hide them behind my flower pots ;-) ;-)

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 9 Jul 2015 13:28

Why would anyone want this in their front garden on such a high plinth?
At least it's not a water feature... LOL

Dermot

Dermot Report 9 Jul 2015 13:35

Begorrah! Leprechauns are ok with me! They know where their pot of gold is hidden. So, I don't mind keeping watch on these little people as they dance merrily around the garden each moonlit night.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 9 Jul 2015 13:52

I agree, it should be in the back garden. I'd hate to live across the road from it.

Hopefully it will soon be covered with bird poo ... or be struck by lightning.

:-(

Thanks Dermot.......... I'll remove the extra " ' " ... dunno where that came from.

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 9 Jul 2015 16:41

Poor chap from what I can see of him it must be a bit nippy there ;-)

How about one of these in the kids sand pit?
http://www.hometone.com/spice-up-your-garden-with-some-unusual-garden-ornaments.html

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 9 Jul 2015 18:30

If the woman likes it so much, why has she got the front facing the road/neighbours, and the bum facing her house???? :-S

Also, I'm interested in what would happen if the neighbours had naked gnomes :-D