General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Where are my snow boots?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 10 Jul 2015 02:20

and my thermal underwear?

:-(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3155495/Australia-set-ANTARCTICA-icy-blast-set-temperatures-plunge-15-year-lows-ski-resorts-set-bottom-conditions.html

Definitely NOT global warming!

On the map (find it on the link) I'm not in one of the "blue" areas, but it's gonna get COLD!

:-(

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 10 Jul 2015 08:16

The Daily M always exaggerates!

Don't worry. If you were to track back to their source it probably says that there is a 'chance' it could happen.
Earlier this week the UK papers were saying that our temps might reach the mid 30s by the end of the month. Long range forecasts are notoriously fickle!

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 10 Jul 2015 16:16

I saw some pics today from Perth, WA where cars in the street were covered in frost.

However, someone also posted a pic of Yosemite National Park in California.
It's knee deep in snow!
I was in Yosemite July 2008........ and it was scorching hot!

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 11 Jul 2015 10:46

It snowed today in the Adelaide hills! An area that's been ravaged by bushfires almost every summer.

I'm in the subtropics...... where it's been known to hail on a 30C day :-S

My DH is still wearing shorts........ but I've seen him go out in the snow, wearing a short sleeve shirt.

I saw a story this morning......... we're headed for an ice age..... probably start approx 2020-2030............ I wish they'd make up their minds, ice age? global warming?