General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Yesterday, a silver lining

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 10 Jul 2015 08:13

Yesterday we took A (niece) and Mini (the oldie) to a sweet little bay not far from here. It´s an old little fishing village of approx 70 houses nestled amongst the cliffs of a nature reserve. Very quaint and quirky :-D.

Niece and OH went kayaking and snorkeling having a whale of a time, myself and Mini found a secluded over hang at the edge and paddled in the shallows. Mini at nearly 14 forgot her age and pretended to be a 3yr old cavorting around in the water and rolling in the sand. Mind the exercise wore her out very quickly and she dug herself a hole in the shade and had a power nap or 3. She didn´t even mind children at the edge once she had finished. Did have me in fits of laughter when some lad put his bike in the cave, it became hers and he wasn´t allowed near it. Thankfully he found it funny also, surprisingly he respected her "claim" and was quite happy to go off swimming leaving her guarding his belongings, being very careful to put his belongings in sight rather than in reach ;-) .

Later I went with OH for a swim leaving A with Mini and the bags (and the bike ! ) Mini didn´t even flicker an eye-lid at us leaving, she was so content.

The silver lining is seeing Mini in play. Minx will always be in my heart as my furbaby but we couldn´t have played yesterday like we did, with both dogs :-( <3 <3

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 10 Jul 2015 08:22

Truly a silver lining, Uzzi, so glad Mini has found a new lease of life and is growing in confidence. Enjoy your time with A.

Lizxxx

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 10 Jul 2015 08:29

Thank you Liz xx

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 10 Jul 2015 09:46

(((hug))) xx :-D :-D

MaryinSpain

MaryinSpain Report 10 Jul 2015 10:43

oh bless xx

Sharron

Sharron Report 10 Jul 2015 11:12

I can never understand why anybody would tie themselves to a pet so they can't do what they like.

No logic in it at all.

This is the first time in eight years that I can go out for as long as I like whenever I like and I just can't deal with it at all!

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 10 Jul 2015 12:36

Sharron I understand perfectly why people get tied to pets. The 1st 3yrs of Minx´s life she was a normal happy puppy and then the epilepsy kicked in. From then on my life became revolved around her. . I certainly was not going to get rid of her just so I could do what ever I wanted. I don´t regret a single day of her life.

Like yourself I can now do things, although we still have Mini to think about she can be left short intervals alone, I really don´t know what to do. Yesterday came about as we have OH´s niece staying with us and we had found a lovely beach to accommodate all of us.

We say no more animals we want at least 5 years free for just ourselves after Mini. We said wonder what Mini would be like with a puppy, No we said NO MORE animals 5 years free. Don´t anybody lay bets on us succeeding :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 10 Jul 2015 13:08

I don't even bother to do the no more animals bit. I know there will be another as soon as there can be.

They know too and were lining up before Desmond had even died.

This is the longest my life has ever been almost my own.Well, I do have to feed the strays don't I?

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 10 Jul 2015 16:23

:-D :-D :-D Sharron I did the stray feeding when I had my pub and NO pets. Christmas always saw between 14 and 32.
We do say no more and we honestly believe it :-0 after Minx and the heartache with her, I really am not sure I could go through that again, and yes I know the next might not have epilepsy or separation anxiety. BUT it really is time that OH and myself spent some time together like getting on a plane and having a holiday together . ;-) <3 <3

Mind it might be like that old advert
Him ..we want to be together
Me I want to paint the town red
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Jul 2015 16:53

Pleased you had a good day Uzzi hope A has a great holiday as usual. Aaw bless mini, loved her appropriation of the bike.