General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Good idea......not.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

wisechild

wisechild Report 10 Jul 2015 15:52

Further threat of terrorist action in Tunisia, so warn foreigners to leave the country as soon as possible.
Having them all herded together in the airports would save a lot of traipsing around tourist resorts with a gun in the heat.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Jul 2015 15:58

well my nephew had a holiday booked for the same resort in Oct this year and naturally they thought NOOOOO
they contacted Thompsons to cancel and rearrange for another country to be told its £50 each person so would cost £200 .I think that is disgusting

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 10 Jul 2015 16:01

Shirley - I think your nephew should contact Thompsons again now that its government advice for no one to travel to Tunisia. Surely they shouldn't have to pay to alter their booking!

Kath. x

wisechild

wisechild Report 10 Jul 2015 16:03

Absolutely disgusting. All the tour operators think of is money.
It´s not as if they were losing a booking if your nephew agreed to go somewhere else.

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 10 Jul 2015 20:15

Shirley has your nephew checked Thomson's FB page? They have been constantly updating the policy on amendment charges and cancellations so he may be due a refund