General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I don't think I want a new daughter

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 17 Jul 2015 10:37

Even if she is a millionairess!

>>my dear It's my pleasure to meet with you,my name is vivian carol 18years old,the only daughter to my late parent Mr/Mrs Joe carol. I am contacting you because i need you to stand as my guardian in the management of a sum $3.5 million u.s dollars that my late father left for me before he died. Please I am ever ready to offer you 30% for your help,10% will be donated to the orphans like me to help the poor,then you will help me invest the balance for me in your country. Please take me like your daughter or your sister. Thanks and I will give you more details as soon as I hear from you.
Sincerely Yours,
Vivian carol<<

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Jul 2015 10:40

Ooohhh lucky you !!

Where do we send the begging letters ,pretty please ;-)

Maryanna

Maryanna Report 17 Jul 2015 10:47

Ah, how sweet that she has chosen you to be her "new mum".

You could even have yourself a new sister. Sounds like the letters my sister sends me, except she is usually asking for money not offering it !!!

M. :-)

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 17 Jul 2015 11:13

Now that´s a new one ! send her here please :-D :-D

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 17 Jul 2015 11:46

I thought it might amuse you! :-D :-D

Unfortunately she has been consigned to the netherworld where all unwanted mail ends up. :-(

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 17 Jul 2015 11:49

well I'm sorry I chose you - your loss then :-D :-D

magpie

magpie Report 17 Jul 2015 13:36

Why does she need a guardian?! At 18 she's old enough to manage her own affairs, i.e. she's a fully fledged adult!! Scam blown I'd have said!!

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 17 Jul 2015 16:32

Not everywhere. In some US states it's 19 and in Mississippi it's 21!!

But it was the way it was written that put me off .......... my dear, indeed!! And if that sounds as though I'd have fallen for a well written message, I'm not that gullible. ;-) ;-)