General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Disruption to the water supply

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 19 Jul 2015 02:54

The council sent a notice to many residents (including us) that a water main will be replaced.

The notice arrived on Friday, saying the works will be done mid-July, but the date on the notice is 26 June!!!!!!! It's already way past mid-July.

Working hours will be 7am to 5pm Monday to Friday. They say they will notify households in advance.

7am - 5pm???????? Good luck to the families getting kids up, showered & dressed before 7am. Good luck to anyone trying to get housework done.

I have an appointment with the doc tomorrow at 11am, so I must remember to fill some jugs & bowls with water before I go to bed.

I do realise it's necessary to turn off the water to replace the water main, but starting at 7am is crazy. I wonder how long this will go on.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 19 Jul 2015 04:01

Sounds horrendous, Scozz ! Hope the work is done as quickly as possible

Lizxx