General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Today, last night and last year.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 24 Jul 2015 10:17

Today there is a good chance I won't be about very much because, last night, I ate four of those pickled onions I set down last year.

Tum, yum, yum!

Dermot

Dermot Report 24 Jul 2015 10:33

Some have little realisation of the tremendous power of onions.

Raw, boiled or fried - I love them all. But pickled onions - no thanks! Unbearable backlash! :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 24 Jul 2015 10:46

Live with it man!

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 24 Jul 2015 14:29

I'm very partial to caramelised onions. I usually make loads & use the leftovers in a quiche. YUM.

But......... they can make a body make strange noises. ;-) prrrrp oops, excuse me.

Sharron

Sharron Report 24 Jul 2015 14:38

I am nobody's friend today, I can tell you!

Personally I think I prefer pickled onions to men.

Don't think I have ever been disappointed by a pickled onion!

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 24 Jul 2015 15:13

Love em too ,but like curry they did tend to linger for longer than they should

Remember when I was " courting" our Sunday evening tea in the summer was salad and included spring onions . Love em even now !! I was going out later with the new boyfriend but having tea before he came to pick me up . Declined the onions even though wanted em but was quickly persuaded they are ok . Well only ate one but boy was it hot an potent . Cleaned my teeth several times before HE came to pick me up but very quickly could taste em again

We went to the pictures and one time I turned my head to speak to him in the cinema and he said out loud. Blimey Onions !! Was I embarrassed !! Didn't eat em again on a date night

PS it didn't put him off though as we have been married now for 57 plus years