General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Shirley

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 24 Jul 2015 22:29

You obviously deleted your post after a person wondered whether it should have been here. I do wish you had waited until I posted my reply. :-D :-D
Your post had every right to be there an answered, where better do you ask but amongst us the unknown but trusted community.

GR is a community sometimes some of us know the person who posts but most times we are another web site. Your post was not wrong or out of order and I wish it had stayed . not just because of the time it took me to reply, but because it was a subject that many of us can learn from <3

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 24 Jul 2015 22:31

Thanks Uzzi

yes i deleted it because didnt want to have any problem sorry :-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 24 Jul 2015 22:31

We can also give a lot of different perspectives.

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 24 Jul 2015 22:38

I can understand why you deleted, but I so wish you hadn´t. You wouldn´t have had a problem, but there is no reason to say sorry because you did delete.

There might be others out there who have a similar problem out there but don´t know how to say. Your post could have opened opened much up. Do not worry that you deleted but will you keep us informed pleased ?

Dame*Shelly*(

Dame*Shelly*("\(*o*)/") Report 24 Jul 2015 22:40

hi shirley
i see your thread and even posted on it
i did not see any think wrong with the thread
all you was doing was trying to fine some help
and there is nothink wrong in that

i did have the feeling that you probley would have deleted the thread my morning
nothing wrong with that but i do hope you did not delete just because
others did not like the thread

ether was i hope you got to read all the post before you deleted

shelly xx EDIT.....Uzzi right there is nothing to be sorry about
and you no we are all her if you need us <3 <3

lavender

lavender Report 24 Jul 2015 23:02

I didn't have a problem with such a post. My sympathies lie with the families having to contend with these sorts of issues <3

Fortunate are we who have never had to dwell on matters of such a nature.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 25 Jul 2015 06:14

I did read all the replies .thank you. Sorry to Uzzi that I deleted just as she had posted .

I didn't want any verbals starting up or RR ,s getting going which is why I did delete

Thank you all for your imput

Yes I was just asking for advice as have no experience of teenage boys .although we do have an adult married grandson.

One with learning difficulties though is a different scenario as to how to handle budding sexual awareness as well as not to have my PC compromised

My small 3rd bedroom is my study where I have the PC and it's not practical for me to sit there with him all the time to monitor what he is doing . I do check on him and he comes down with printing he has done. . That has to kerbed too as his obesession with printing the same thing several times eats up the ink and paper. I do hear him too watching children's programmes with the volume up for the singing .

Fine it's what he wants to,do but I am concerned now what he may be doing when it goes quiet

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 25 Jul 2015 08:11

Rollo gave some good advice re putting on Internet restrictions. He'd probably be happy to send them by pm if you asked him. The same would apply to any other Sympathetic IT gurus who spot this thread. Errol, where are you??

As for the developmental differences.....there are sure to be support groups on FB, and probably local ones with contact numbers. Cyns may be able to suggest alternatives.

The Toilet humour usually strikes when they are in primary school. His Catch Up has unfortunately coincided with puberty.

Caught early enough, children with learning difficulties can learn right from wrong. With a consistent approach you and his parents will get through this stage. <3

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 25 Jul 2015 09:26

Well said Det *thumb up *

lavender

lavender Report 25 Jul 2015 10:27

Yes, thumbs up, Det.

Sue

Sue Report 25 Jul 2015 12:54

Shirley, your post was very valid and important imo. The amount of people on here that could have given support and ideas of how to cope, or manage the situation, or in fact just to live with it.

I dont blame you for deleting, as ive seen what happens. I hope that whoever caused you to feel this way, is thoroughly ashamed of themselves and their own petty existence of not living in thee real world.