General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Surely not a real person

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 28 Jul 2015 15:30

but possibly a synth escaped from "Humans"

"once again she has provided the solution to a problem that doesn’t exist by explaining how she would manage the overwhelming number of elderly people in the UK.

She told the Radio Times she would like to see a world where elderly people enjoyed similar treatment to dogs thanks to ground-breaking ‘euthanasia vans’ that would visit people and let them die.

“They might even have a nice little tune they’d play,” she said.

“I mean this genuinely. I’m super-keen on euthanasia vans. We need to accept that just because medical advances mean we can live longer, it’s not necessarily the right thing to do.

“It’s ridiculous to be living in a country where we can put dogs to sleep but not people.”

Continuing her endearing plight, she told Michael Buerk what her career would be if she didn’t pursue Being Needlessly Cruel as a full time job.

“You’re fat because you eat too much and don’t exercise,” she says, of obese people “End of. My dream job would be to sit in the doctor’s surgery, ticking them off. ‘Get a grip, you fat b*****d. Stop eating and get out there and walk.”
"

Yeah, Katie Hopkins in case you hadn't guessed

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/katie-hopkins-suggests-introducing-euthanasia-vans-to-visit-the-elderly-10421597.html
:-0

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Jul 2015 15:35

One day (hopefully) that woman will meat her come uppance. I am amzes that the media give her space to voice her nasty opinions.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 28 Jul 2015 16:11

I do find her entertaining sometimes
and sometimes she says what others think
but dare not say

though I don't agree with most of what she says
I do read the reaction to her comments

which is what she is getting paid for :-D :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 28 Jul 2015 16:28

Would hate to be part of her family . you could never live up to her ideals

ANDDDD our daughter has always been slim she is more the build of my hubbys side which i was thankful for cos I am a big boned girl .9lbs 8oz born and took after my paternal grans side

when i was a teenager all the other girls were petite whereas i was always a heifer!!

I starved myself trying to conform and gave myself medical problems.

Our lovely girl though some 8 years ago got diagnosed with stage 4 Hodgkins Lymphoma and at that time the only thoughts was treatment and were we going to lose her

The treatment was harsh ,and in the early stages had to be adjusted cos she got awful side effects too soon . She had to have an injection into her back every two weeks to make sure her blood cell balance was ok for the next chemo. she had steroids too

well she is still here ,THANK GOD but has peripheral nerve damage to her fingers and toes and is struggling with her weight.

Her doctor gave her the fat busting pill but its very limited in her case as she doesnt have a high fat diet or overeat . Her metabolism etc has all been effd up by the chemo

SOOOOO KATIE is she fat cos she overeats ?? You need to get your facts right

WE would sooner have our big girl still here than a slim girl who didnt survive

Dermot

Dermot Report 28 Jul 2015 16:32

'Empty vessels are the nosiest'.

Mouth almighty - Kate don't bite me.

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 28 Jul 2015 16:33

I think there should be an euthanasia van for
Katie Hopkins and her ilk, but that's just me an overweight
OAP.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Jul 2015 16:35

:-D Dermot.

Dermot

Dermot Report 28 Jul 2015 17:07

An imaginary message from Bernard Meltzer especially for Katie Hopkins:-

'Before you speak, ask yourself if what you are going to say is true, is kind, is necessary or is helpful. If the answer is 'no', maybe what you are about to say should be left unsaid'.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 Jul 2015 17:46

hope our Mr Magoo is reading that :-D

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 28 Jul 2015 18:13

She and Liz Jones and that Brick woman earn a lot of money by being offensive. It get clicks on the newspaper websites, which keep the advertisers happy.

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 28 Jul 2015 20:28

Katie who? I have never heard of her. Who is she? and what does she do?

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 29 Jul 2015 00:19

if she was male, she might be called a "right P***K"

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 29 Jul 2015 07:11

Her day will come.

When the euthanasia van arrives at her house....... and she screams "But not ME, I am special".

What planet is she from?

Is this the same woman who won't let her children play with other children who have "lower class" names?

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 29 Jul 2015 07:28

Yes it is LS. I feel so sorry for her children. In a way, I hope they grow up like her - dense, selfish and with no empathy, or (if I were one of them), I wouldn't be able to handle the 'baggage' of such a mother.