General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Jeremy Corbin

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 29 Jul 2015 11:25

He is a man of many talents.

Did you know that, as well as being a guitarist with Hawkwind during the seventies, he was also Father Abraham with the Smurfs?

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 29 Jul 2015 11:27

well fancy that!!

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 31 Jul 2015 10:06

HAWKWIND was a class act :-D :-D

everybody loved them when I was in my teens

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 31 Jul 2015 13:51

Hawkwind can boast having more tham 50 members over the years, apparently.

We saw them live on one of their many visits to the Liverpool Stadium in 1972 when the tickets cost 70p each.....! This was soon after Lemmy had joined on Bass and the release of the single Silver Machine.

The acoustics in the Stadium were atrocious but dancer Stacia, 6 foot tall and who appeared virtually nude drinking from a large bottle of vodka, did tend to distract one from the sound.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 31 Jul 2015 19:45

I first met Jeremy Corbyn when he played bass guitar for Hawkwind at our uni in 1971. I met him again a whole lot later when he was on Haringey council. Nothing he said or did at that time suggests he would be a good choice as Labour leader unless the party really has developed a desire to end it all lemming style.

Nobody I can think of is more able to bring on a case of the Clarksons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWbMikrZ91U

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 31 Jul 2015 23:37

..at least he has some talent!!! :-D

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 1 Aug 2015 00:14

depends what you want Hawkwind was a strange band and not to everybody's taste, the band had a big turnover. Smurfs are loved by some others are just driven nuts. Using these "talents" he drove a lot of people in Haringey and Islington nuts too indeed his machinations made a lot of people very angry.

Now he is trying to leverage his talent to be irritating and jejune politics to the big time although they may no longer be a very good description of the British Labour Party.

Anybody who has had to sit in a room for half an hour or more and listen to this guy has my heartfelt sympathy. If you like his kind of kant though you can read his column in "The Morning Star" where else?
http://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/britain

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 1 Aug 2015 00:37

Anyone foolish enough to sit and listen for more than half an hour (when they have the option to leave) to ANYONE with a 'side/angle' to give (without a bullsh*t bingo card) deserves all they get!!!

I've not managed to voluntarily sit through many councillors/council hierarchy's views for more than 10 minutes. If they haven't got the theory/idea/plan to a pitch by then, I know it's all 'hierarchy speak' and a load of self-serving baloney.