General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Five Letter Game - Quizzes and Puzzles

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

lavender

lavender Report 2 Aug 2015 14:09

Sad bobtanian that you found it necessary to randomly post,

''So, one really realises,…. Yuk'' and letters 'basis'.

in reply to my apology for having put up six letters instead of five.

You were quick to post the words just little more than half an hour after I wrote the words SORRY

I guess that's why those who RR don't reveal their identity.

It's like being back at school!!

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 2 Aug 2015 16:26

I don't do that game but a couple of the others - and they are full of light-hearted back chat, especially when one of us makes a mistake! Lavender, don't take offence, these twists are always jokey!

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 2 Aug 2015 16:44

I have had a PM from Lavender giving me her point of view

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 2 Aug 2015 19:48

Hi Lavender :-)

Most of us who are regulars on the Quiz board have got to know each other very well, as we have been quizzing together every night for years.

We always tease each other when we make mistakes, always in good humoured fun, but because we are such good friends, it's par for the course, and a good laugh.

Of course, people who are newer on the Quiz Boards may not realise that it's in fun. Regular posters should be sensitive to the fact that a newer poster may not realise this and is hurt.

Please shrug it off and join us again on the Quiz Board, it's fun :-)

Jem xx

lavender

lavender Report 2 Aug 2015 21:13

I'm quite aware of that, Jem. I love a bit of banter.

The poster in question hadn't been on the thread for 50 pages (I couldn't be bothered to look further).

I'm not concerned by little men!