General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Greenbank Cemetery Bristol

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joan

Joan Report 4 Aug 2015 16:51

I have recently found an article in the Newspaper archive about my Great Grand Fathers death and burial. He was John Cousins and died Feb 6th 1914. It states he is buried in Greenbank Cemetery Bristol.
Does anybody know if there are any published plans or details of the graves in this cemetery. I know its a long shot but any help would be great thanks.

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 4 Aug 2015 17:05

Lots of information on Google

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 4 Aug 2015 17:59

This is the phone number for the cemetery:-

0117 903 8280

I'm sure they would be able to tell you the plot number and perhaps even send you a cemetery map with the plot number marked on it. I know our local cemetery will do this. It used to be a free service but it may cost a small amount now.

There are some pictures of the memorial and some of the headstones on the Commonwealth War Graves site here:-

http://www.cwgc.org/find-a-cemetery/cemetery/38508/Bristol%20(Greenbank)%20Cemetery

Kath. x

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 4 Aug 2015 18:00

It's £41 Kath

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 4 Aug 2015 18:04

Good grief !!!!

I have loads of small (A4) plans of our local cemetery with family graves marked on them for me and it hasn't cost me a penny. Admittedly I haven't had any in the last 5 years or so but I doubt very much that they charge anywhere near that.

Kath. x

Joan

Joan Report 4 Aug 2015 18:11

Thanks all, I don't think I will be spending £41 on a map, I will put it towards getting down there myself one day.
My GGF's family sold some of the land for this cemetery according to Bristol Archive, should have kept an interest at £41 a time.