General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Norfolk Parish Records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ron

Ron Report 6 Aug 2015 12:28

I have been researching my own and my late wife's Trees since c 2002.
All the Parish/Church records I have acquired, have been restored/cleaned-up, by removing all the unwanted marks. I use the same process for Census records. They are now easier to read.
The majority of these records are from Norfolk, I do also have copies of original church records from Germany (written in french), my late wife was descended from french Huguenots.
I am hoping to find someone who has access to original Kent Parish records mainly from Bexley, Bexleyheath and Sidcup areas.
I am able to access Norfolk Church/Parish records online but would also like access to Somerset, Berks and Bucks.

Ron Jarvis - Gorleston, Norfolk

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 Aug 2015 12:38

I do have a printed copy of Creech St Michael Somerset, Parish Registers and Bishops Transcripts. 1606 -1837 if you want anything looked up in that area.

Ron

Ron Report 6 Aug 2015 12:54

That was quick!

Thank you for your reply.

My interest in Somerset is the Chilcott family from Dulverton. I have all the Census info. but would like to acquire applicable church records.

Ron

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 6 Aug 2015 13:16

Contact Bexley Library. They do have PR on film and disc.
http://www.bexley.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=2563&contactid=2109

You'd need to ask if they have any relating to Sidcup, or if they can suggest where they are. They certainly have Erith, Bexley and Bexleyheath.

There was a fire at one church in Erith c1870 where the original registered were destroyed. The vicar tried to copy what was legible into new registers. images of the burnt pages are in Ancestry where there is any visible information.

After WW2 a set of parchment registers were stolen from, I think, Foots Cray. All that remains are typed transcriptions made before then.

Ancestry have recently added some PR and burial records for the Borough. If you don't have access, your local library may well do.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 Aug 2015 14:11

I have checked the Creech register and there is just one mention of Chilcott. A marriage between Richard Chilcott and Christion Woodhouse Widow on 10 April 1730. There are no other details

However Dulverton is a fair distance from Creech.