General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tumble Dryer

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

lavender

lavender Report 9 Aug 2015 20:40

A few weeks ago we ordered a new B*sch tumble dryer. It never worked. Whatever programme it was on, even a straight 40 minute cycle, it switched off after 4 minutes.

John L*wis collected it and delivered a new one. Exactly the same problem…

Now wondering what to do? OH spent ages choosing this one… it's going back but what to choose?

We think it must be programmed wrongly.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 9 Aug 2015 20:42

google the model number, and see if there are any reviews for it......

lavender

lavender Report 9 Aug 2015 20:48

I seem to remember him saying that there were 20 reviews and only one wasn't so good.

the miserable RR 'er has got his just desserts ;-) ;-) ;-)

Many thanks :-)

lavender

lavender Report 9 Aug 2015 20:51

My daughter suggested getting a refund and then trying again in a couple of months.

I only use it for a bit of airing occasionally, I haven't really had one in years as I use an airer and the aga. I thought like her..

Wend

Wend Report 9 Aug 2015 21:23

My White Knight has never failed me :-D

Phyll

Phyll Report 9 Aug 2015 21:25

Hotpoint - mine is very good

lavender

lavender Report 9 Aug 2015 21:55

We once had one in the hot-tub chalet. It was rubbish. It churned away for hours and never seemed hot enough.

I think we did better with one we had 30 years ago, it had a pipe I poked through the window.

I remember after the baby died I promised myself an automatic washing machine and a tumble dryer, I was going to spend every moment with my new baby. At least that one got up to temperature.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 9 Aug 2015 21:59

German made ,,,,,,,Gorenje,,,,,,,,second one in 15 years,

,never had any repair done,its still going well but passed on to family.......,,,not the cheapest by any means but family member has had 4 new Hotpoints to my one.

lavender

lavender Report 9 Aug 2015 22:51

Back to the drawing board, I think!

Many thanks for the kind posts :-D

lavender

lavender Report 9 Aug 2015 23:08

I said to OH, 'somebody says their White Knight has never failed them'

he replied, 'I should have married him then!' :-D :-D :-D ;-)

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 9 Aug 2015 23:47

What model is it?

Could the vent be blocked or the door coming loose when it gets warm? Does it run the full amount when it's on air fluff mode?

Rose

Persephone

Persephone Report 10 Aug 2015 02:47

I have a new Bosch Avantixx and it is brilliant. The mixed load from washing machine spin wet takes 1hr 29 mins to dry. I thought that is a long time but let's see how it goes. It knows how dry it is and you see the icons change along the top as it gets drier and is done well under that time.

It is one of those that you empty the water tray out and what a lot of water comes out. Also clean the lint filter after each load.

It is even clever the way it works out the times when we had a power loss three times the other day (a motorist hit a power transmitting box at side of road just north of us)..

lavender

lavender Report 10 Aug 2015 08:16

I will update with model no. shortly. It was delivered and the timer never worked, same as the second delivered machine.

The repair man was sent out and he agreed. We had only tried with laundry requiring an airing but he thoroughly wetted a towel and it kept stopping after the very few minutes..

lavender

lavender Report 10 Aug 2015 11:45

B*SCH Model No. WTB86590GB

Thank you :-)

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 10 Aug 2015 12:02

I bought three Whirlpool tumble dryers ( we get around ) in Tesco 2009 at a sale price. They have all worked perfectly without missing a beat.

Bosch are not what they used to be - for instance they had a major recall on dishwashers 'cos of electrical fires not ling ago.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 10 Aug 2015 13:52

Have you read the sequence on start up,as its a condenser dryer it may temp set or time set fist before you close the door or the other way round,,,,,,,,,,mine is sensor and I have to set time first,then temp then press start button,,if done different it starts up then stops two mins later,,,,,,,,

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 10 Aug 2015 21:18

It is a very large capacity dryer. How much washing do you put in it? Are the clothes warm when it stops?

The first few minutes of the cycle are probably for sensing how wet the clothes are before it turns on the heater. If it's shutting off after 4 minutes then it's not sensing enough moisture and the heater isn't turning on.

Rose

lavender

lavender Report 10 Aug 2015 21:44

That is all very interesting, Kay and Click, thank you.

I shall show my OH your posts tomorrow, I know nothing, as usual..

All I know is that when it stops everything in there is really toasty. Whilst I was waiting for the engineer to come and sign it off I kept pressing to get a 4 minute cycle and then managed to get the load aired.

The engineer said it wasn't working… this one has also been reported but still waiting for somebody to come out.