General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Update on Mini 11 Aug +13th

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 11 Aug 2015 08:04

After a few weeks of her limping trying the anti.inflammatories and pain killers her leg seemed to be getting worse, so yesterday we requested an x-ray, we needed to know the worst.

The worst isn´t as bad as it could have been, Her joints are good and athritic free, he was surprised at that for her age. BUT she has a torn tendon in her knee. So on Thursday she has to go in the doggy hospital so they can glue a piece of elastic there instead. The vet was quite happy about her little op. and said it´s very simple as she is a small dog, we are worried about the anesthetic as she is nearly 14. He did check her last blood test and because it is nearly a year ago wants another one done today as she was only just in the bounderies on a couple things, although her kidneys are good, which is great for the op.

This morning Mini is sulking because she was sedated yesterday she missed her dinner and was pulled about so is uncomfortably.
Roll on Friday when she will be back home and it all over. (bar the tussle of stitches). xx

The vet who is doing the op will be taking her home with him Thursday night and I don´t fancy being in his shoes :-0. I bet when I see him Friday morning at our vets (as bless him he is going to bring her back this way) he is bleary eyed from lack of sleep :-0.

So although the outcome is not great, it is much better than we dreaded. <3

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 11 Aug 2015 09:27

great <3

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 11 Aug 2015 09:32

Thanks Rollo <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 11 Aug 2015 09:39

That is very promising, hope all goes well, keep us posted. (poor vet!)

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 11 Aug 2015 10:36

I will let you know the outcome on Friday when I collect her from our vet. We know that she will howl all night if she isn´t under sedation and as she will have only just come out of anesthetic he won´t sedate her again because of her age. The only way to get some peace is to be with her. ;-) poor poor vet is going to wish he sent her home Thursday night. :-0.

Sharron

Sharron Report 11 Aug 2015 11:06

Thinking of you Uzzi.

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 11 Aug 2015 15:01

Thanks Sharron, It´s going to be a long and lonely Thursday with no dogs at all, so I am glad OH is off work that day. She goes in at 10am and he has scheduled her op for not long after that as he wants a 24hr watch on her. I shall be waiting outside our vets by 9.55am okay I will probably be in the cafe next door at 9.30am waiting for her on Friday morning :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 11 Aug 2015 15:07

I have been without a cat now since 21st June.

That is the longest since 1988. Strange,very strange.

Those three strays are playing us I think but I want to cuddle one!

I can't imagine Mini will be spoiled in any way once she comes home.

KittytheLearnerCook

KittytheLearnerCook Report 11 Aug 2015 18:00

Good luck to Mini, positive thoughts heading your way <3

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 11 Aug 2015 19:26

Mini says "Thanks Kitty"

Sharron me spoil my dog !!! :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 of course she will be.
I do understand your want of another cat after being pet free for so long.It isn´t something I can do although I yearn for a puppy every time I see one, I know Mini needs this time alone and I intend to be responsibility free for awhile so OH can have the attention lavished on him that he deserves. <3

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 11 Aug 2015 21:17

All the best to Mini, I hope all goes well for her . Enjoy your time with OH <3 <3 <3 <3

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 13 Aug 2015 22:58

Well we took Mini to the vets at 10a.m. The blood result from Tuesday wasn´t in but they intended to phone for it 1st thing. We left her there with her howling and both us us close to tears. :-( We had a phone call at 2pm from our vet to say all was well, the blood test came through etc etc. 6pm we called in at our vets. Erica said they believe the op was a success and she was totally out of anesthetic and shouting the place down. We did offer to go and fetch her, but they want to keep her overnight. *fools*

Meanwhile myself and OH went out to a wonderful restaurant and really enjoyed our evening out, whilst both tucking feet around chairs to not kick dogs and me cutting pieces off my steak for them :-0.
I have a new dragon and hubby a gargoyle ...don´t ask it´s easier ;-) :-D :-D

I can´t pick Mini up until mid-day tomorrow :-( . I will guess that they will want her home as much as we do :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Sad point of the day was paying :-0 :-0 :-0 but she is worth it. <3 <3

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 13 Aug 2015 23:03

I am so glad she is ok Uzzi...a big hug for her from me (((hugs)))

<3 <3 <3

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 14 Aug 2015 00:01

Thanks Stella, I can´t wait to get her home again, even though I know she will run rings round me.

It´s been a very scarey time for us as it is only 7 weeks and a day that we had to say good night and good bye to Minx. We were both so scared that at her age she wouldn´t cope with the op and the anesthetic. Erica our vet knew this and grinned at our turning up to ask how she was and the fact that she was shouting the place down. :-0.

She will have huge hugs tomorrow when I collect her from you, me, him, and the waitress in the local bar :-D :-D (who has made me promise to bring her in immediately :-0 )

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 14 Aug 2015 00:13

Responded on fb

Now spoil T for tonight !!!

Lizxxx

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 14 Aug 2015 00:38

He´s asleep Liz as he is up for work at 6.30 in the morning and working 6 days a week, the kindest thing I can do is let him sleep. Poor love is shattered this year, it´s the hottest since 1941 and they have less staff then they ever have had. I could have stayed out, but he bless needs to sleep before another 6 days of work. So I came home to my friends :-D

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 14 Aug 2015 02:26

I'm glad Mini's prognosis was not what you feared Uzzi:-)

Thinking of Mini and her Mum and Dad xxx