General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GR app for iphone??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 27 Aug 2015 15:12

I have an app on my iPad for GR,but can't get one on my iPhone...Anyone else with this problem?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 27 Aug 2015 16:14

My I phone doesn't need an app I just go onto the Internet and type in genes reunited and it connects . Get ancestry and find my past the same way too

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 27 Aug 2015 17:50

I can also type genes in,but ,I have an app for FB and other sites and wondered why I can get it on my tablet ,but not my phone !
Just curious if others find this!

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 27 Aug 2015 19:40

They don't actually have an app ......I got one on my iPad by fluke....Go to Genes home page then, making sure you are on Safari, click on the drop down box that has in it 'save to homepage'.......then you will have the app......this works for a few sites but not most.

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 28 Aug 2015 11:48

Thanks Susan,...but I can't find the save to homepage.Im on Safari and genes homepage...must need new specs! :-S

I can manage without it ,but don't know how I got the app on iPad in first place ...

Technology!..or my age!

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 31 Aug 2015 20:36

The add to Home Screen is on Safari.

Go to Genes.....then look at the top of Safari and you will see a box with an arrow. Press on that and it will give you a few options for saving the page...choose the one that says.....Save to home screen.....it should be next to the picture of Glasses that says Add to reading list

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 31 Aug 2015 20:38

Right......I have just done the same on my iPhone and now have the G app on my phone home screen.

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 31 Aug 2015 22:05

Thank you Susan...just seen this and done it...hurray!
You are clever! :-)