General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Planning a big adventure.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 4 Sep 2015 22:46

Now I am feeling a bit better I am planning an adventure.

Having not been out on my own for what must be years, I am planning to go out alone and have a cup of tea alone.

I did go to Fred'd funeral alone because of logistical considerations with the catering but I don't think I have been out alone since. I didn't go out alone much before that either. I had to be at home or, on the many occasions Fred was out having his adventures, I was either organizing his future commitments or sleeping in the bath.

Over the last year or so I have not wanted to venture out alone because I knew something would make me panic so I am now making plans.

Even now I don't want to be away for more than about an hour and I want to use a cafe where I can see the car and have it close in case I panic.

Who knows, I may even have egg and chips while I am there. The world is truly my lobster.

Rambling

Rambling Report 4 Sep 2015 23:03

I had a cheese scone and a 'flat white' at M & S yesterday lol. When I have to go shopping in the town centre I usually don't stop for a drink but as I was meeting Dan after he had been somewhere I treated myself. Best cheese scone and coffee I have had for many years.

Hope you enjoy it Sharron, you can't beat a good plate of egg and chips :-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 4 Sep 2015 23:56

Hope you enjoy the egg and chips, Sharron, and enjoy your outing enough to repeat it more often

Lizxx

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 5 Sep 2015 00:13

Go for it Sharron! I'm sure you'll be fine.

Enjoy your cuppa.......... and the egg & chips <3

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 5 Sep 2015 10:26

exactly Sharron - go for it girl - you deserve it in spades - egg and chip [which I love], a nice cuppa and a trawl around the shops - enjoy <3 <3 <3 <3

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 5 Sep 2015 12:39

Another says 'go for it girl' - though I prefer sausage and chips. <3 <3 <3

Sharron

Sharron Report 5 Sep 2015 13:18

There will be no trawling round the shops. I have never seen any pleasure in that and have not been in to Chichester for years and then I was paid to go.

It will have to be somewhere I don't panic and I don't think I will want to stay out for long either.

Now, don't start frightening yourself about it Sharron.

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 5 Sep 2015 14:26

Good for you Sharron :-)

I enjoy going out alone sometimes, you can do what you please when you please, did it yesterday, was wandering London, then I went to change buses, and at the last minute changed my mind, and walked the rest of the journey. If you're with someone you usually ask one another what to do, then faff about deciding, when your on your own, you decide, no faffing.

Enjoy your trip out :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 5 Sep 2015 15:13

I have not ventured out on my own since I lost the plot.

It is my first little step back into the world which I know from experience is not scary but I have just not been able to face it for a while.

I can't use the tumble dryer either.Daft innit?

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 5 Sep 2015 15:57

Sharron, now that you have found the plot, you'll be fine. The world outside is wonderful if you let it be.

Tumble dryers aren't important, so no you're not daft :-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 5 Sep 2015 16:05

Logical Sharron knows all about that.

It is this mad woman who lives in my head that has all the problems.

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 5 Sep 2015 16:18

Tell the logical one, to tell the mad one in your head, to do one ??

Sharron

Sharron Report 5 Sep 2015 16:42

She is leaving but at her own pace and that is fine with me. It is good to be able to re-adjust at my own pace.

I have finally started waking up wanting to do something rather than hide away and was quite surprised when I realized that I wanted to go out and do something on my own.

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 5 Sep 2015 20:58

Enjoy your egg and chips Sharron. You will get there.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 Sep 2015 16:48

Go for it Sharron, but don't freet if you change your mind, you will do it when you feel you can and a good idea to leave the car where you can see it -it is your safety link with home. Love egg and chips.

Rose M&S do great cheese scones, very light.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 6 Sep 2015 21:38

Sharron, that's the way my head is with the hoarding but the hoarder isn't going anywhere, been there far too long unfortunately.

Just take one day at a time, good luck

Lizx

Iris

Iris Report 8 Sep 2015 15:34

sharron , how did your day out go ,hope you enjoyed your egg and chips .iris :-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 10 Sep 2015 13:13

I haven't been yet.

It's still in the planning stage.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 11 Sep 2015 00:19

No rush, Sharron, one day you will just think today's the day and do it

Lizxx

RockyMountainShy

RockyMountainShy Report 11 Sep 2015 01:02

Shannon, you'll get there. Just like my Dad but he is more stubborn and won't listen to peoples advice. <3