General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

September 11 2001

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 11 Sep 2015 09:17

On September 11, 2001, 19 militants associated with the Islamic extremist group al-Qaeda hijacked four airliners and carried out suicide attacks against targets in the United States. Two of the planes were flown into the towers of the World Trade Center in New York City, a third plane hit the Pentagon just outside Washington, D.C., and the fourth plane crashed in a field in Pennsylvania. Often referred to as 9/11, the attacks resulted in extensive death and destruction, triggering major U.S. initiatives to combat terrorism and defining the presidency of George W. Bush. Over 3,000 people were killed during the attacks in New York City and Washington, D.C., including more than 400 police officers and firefighters.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 11 Sep 2015 09:41

So many people today remembering lost loved ones. R.I.P all those who died and thoughts for their families and friends.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 11 Sep 2015 11:43

and I'm sure we all remember vividly where we were when we heard and what we were doing at that awful time

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 11 Sep 2015 12:03

And they are still dying.

http://nypost.com/2014/07/27/cancers-among-ground-zero-workers-skyrocketing/

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 11 Sep 2015 12:25

Over a thousand people are still missing
I watched Program last night on how they are working Together
to identify the parts no matter how small they are
It was a Awful sad day I was living in Kent
and watched this happen on the TV in my friends shop
we watched in silence as the full horror unfolded :-( :-( :-(

May they RIP :-( :-(

BrianW

BrianW Report 11 Sep 2015 20:29

My Father in Law died on Sep 10th and on 9/11 we were with the pastor trying to make the funeral etc. arrangements as the news was coming in.
It seemed like a disaster movie at first then the reality sank in.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 12 Sep 2015 16:42

edited to delete my reply to the obnoxious RR of my post responding to a now deleted message

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 12 Sep 2015 16:55

Joonie, you asked me to remove it, and I did..............

no idea who R'd yours.....

Rambling

Rambling Report 12 Sep 2015 17:05

edited

It was a day that none of us will ever forget I'm sure.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 12 Sep 2015 17:11

deleted

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 12 Sep 2015 20:37

My post was meant as a mark of respect for all of those who lost there lives, and for those still suffering the effect of that dreadful day.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 12 Sep 2015 20:40

quite so......... Polly, sorry that I sullied it
perhaps Joonie will remove hers

Bob