General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Blimey it's all go now re hubby coming home

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Sep 2015 19:54

Having been in limbo waiting for various departments to do their thing lts all go now

The occupational therapist came out on Monday and measured for the bed to go in the lounge .

Today I had a phonecall to say they want to deliver the hospital bed tomorrow .BUT where it's going we have the dining table and chairs that are hard wood and too heavy for me to move . SIL was coming in tomorrow to put the chairs in the loft and dismantle the table and see where it can go.

Well after lots of phone calls SIL was able to come in today and with granddaughters help was able to get in all in the loft
We have a gas fire in the lounge and it gets its annual service about now. The company who installed it and does its annual service even though they are fully booked to early Oct. they have been in today to do the service when I told them we have a time problem as bed is being delivered tomorrow

The hospital now say hubby is well and needs to be discharged ASAP as the longer he is in hospital the danger is him picking up an infection .

Well,they need to get their various departments and social services talking to each other as it seems to me the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

We have pressed and pressed and no,one seems to have taken notice then all of a sudden they have woken up and we have to dance to their tune ,very frustrating

So today I have had the fire serviced . Did an online shop yesterday cos I had a feeling . SIL managed to get to ours this afternoon and put the diining chairs and table in the loft and I am ready now for the bed
Fortunately I went online earlier in the week and ordered a duvet and covers which have been delivered. Plus sheets that are on the way but I can manage in the meantime .

I want him home but. It's annoying how the departments don't speak to each other but then , YOU are expected to jump through hoops when they want action

I have been to the bank and building society to action the power of attorney we did for his finances in 2012 but I need to action a Halifax Isa still so hope I can do this before he comes home

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 17 Sep 2015 20:01

Bless you Shirley....it will all come together in the end and your husband will be glad to be in his own home surrounded by the people he loves. <3 <3 <3

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 17 Sep 2015 20:14

A hectic time for you Shirley, I am glad you have family help so you can get your o.h. home . It will take a little while to adjust to a new routine etc but I am sure your o.h. will improve and be much happier in familiar surroundings.

Try and take a little time for yourself by asking family to help as much as they can,

Lizxx

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Sep 2015 20:19

Thank you xx

kandj

kandj Report 17 Sep 2015 22:43

Shirley I hope everything goes smoothly for your husband's discharge and settling in at home with carers in place to help him and you to adjust to a new way of life now..
It is good that he is allowed to be back at home soon and I hope that you can find some special time to rest when he does as well. Take care, and accept all offers of help. xxx