General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Life and death on the sunny south coast

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 26 Sep 2015 11:51

:-0

http://goo.gl/9tISZm

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 26 Sep 2015 14:23

Fliping link froze my PC :-|

As a summary, the young parents were homeless and living in their car as well as B&B. They couldn't find the deposit to rent somewhere. Bournemouth council stated they weren't eligible for housing but offered support.
The council weren't approached again after the baby was born.
The baby has since died of an unreported (probably natural) cause.

They fell through the cracks of the Welfare State, and it was the innocents who suffered.

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 26 Sep 2015 20:32

Kurdish child dies whilst on a journey from Turkey to Greece-In every national paper

UK baby dies whilst living in a car-Makes the Bournemouth Echo

Says a lot doesn't it?

Rambling

Rambling Report 26 Sep 2015 21:12

Had the mother applied for emergency accommodation in the area in which she lived she would I think have been given it?...it is a tragic story but not part of an international crisis which is why it didn't make the nationals probably

The baby did not die while they were in the car and no cause of death has yet been given.... both the mother and baby had been unwell after the birth.

original article http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/13500872.
_I_just_want_him_to_be_safe____evicted_parents_of_newborn_baby_forced_to_sleep_in_car/

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 26 Sep 2015 21:16

No body should have to sleep in a car and yes I'm fully aware that there's NO cause of death being published as yet.

ALL I was doing was pointing out the great difference in the reporting of such tragic deaths

Rambling

Rambling Report 26 Sep 2015 21:25

Local news, however tragic, quite often does not make the national news or when it does it often makes it at least a day or two later after it has appeared in local newspapers when the stories are harvested by the nationals.