General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Could someone PM me please*

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 1 Oct 2015 20:21

I'm not sure my envelope thingy is working, ta :-D

*Only the relatively sane need to though ??

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 1 Oct 2015 20:22

:-D

Rambling

Rambling Report 1 Oct 2015 20:23

snap lol, Go with Guinevere's...she's saner than me :-)

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 1 Oct 2015 20:25

:-D

So true ...

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 1 Oct 2015 20:26

I'd like to have an abundance of pm's but not sure there are that many sane people on GR :-D

I suppose Guinevere just might pass, not so sure about you though Rose ;-)

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 1 Oct 2015 20:31

*beams*

:-P at Rose.

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 1 Oct 2015 20:33

Thanks to the millions who answered, only 5 of you are sane :-0

Envelope is working, to say I have messages, but it is still saying I have messages, but I've opened them :-S

Rambling

Rambling Report 1 Oct 2015 20:37

It takes a little while for the message to clear, but having said that it shows that I have 6 unopened messages...been there for about a year now :-)

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 1 Oct 2015 23:06

thinks you have to have read your Email, AND read the gr message for the box to clear properly...........

Bob

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 Oct 2015 23:08

You don't have to read the emailed alert.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 2 Oct 2015 08:27

ooops,I meant the + sign at top of page where the message alert lives.....

Bob

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Oct 2015 09:08

When I spot that, I just select In Box from the drop down list. Once the message is read, the +1 etc eventually disappears. :-S

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 Oct 2015 09:19

I have had 3 in the messages numbers for over a year now, actually it was two and GR said they had fixed it, the next time I looked it said three and there are no unread messages.

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 2 Oct 2015 11:18

Oh, seems like I have uncovered something here, I reckon the unread messages that can't be seen, are messages from our passed on ancestors, either that or passed on members, I'm going to assume my ones are from the lovely Jean, just the sort of thing she'd do from the other side :-D

If you're looking in Jean, you'll be coming out with us 3 tomorrow, get your walking shoes ready x x xx :-D :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Oct 2015 11:52

I suppose they could be messages sent before an account was deleted? Mind you, over the years several members have said they have a 'stuck' message alert.

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 2 Oct 2015 17:29

Same here permanently on +1. For ages I thought that someone would think I was ignoring them