General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1911 free census?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

drummo

drummo Report 8 Oct 2015 16:18

Its been a while since I have done some searching but I do not seem to be able to find the 1911 free census search.Where you searched for a name then searched for people who lived with them. Does anyone know if that site has closed.I used it a lot last year I think it went as "the official 1911 census" but now every site I try needs a payment

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 8 Oct 2015 16:33

Know the one you mean, but haven't used it for years. The 1911 is now on familysearch which you can use for free

https://familysearch.org/search/collection/1921547

The National Archives directs searches towards Findmypast. Perhaps they've incorporated the original site?
As with many sub sites, you can search for free but pay to view.
You might be able to manipulate the searches to work out who else is the household.

drummo

drummo Report 8 Oct 2015 16:54

Thank you i will go there