General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Authoress

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 29 Oct 2015 16:21

Can anyone hello,i am trying to find out where Judith Saxton who writes under the same name and Katie Flynn lives, i know in North Wales..
Would love to get in touch as i have found we are related.
Websites don't help i'm afraid.
Any help would be appreciated.
Many Thanks
Margaret Burrell

Rambling

Rambling Report 29 Oct 2015 16:28

I would suggest getting in touch with her publishers, bottom of page here http://www.katieflynn.com/about/

with a covering letter asking if they could forward an enclosed letter to her for you, remember to put in an SAE and say why and how you think you're related. Might work :-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 29 Oct 2015 16:32

could be Prestatyn - found this in a Q & A section of a website

Have You Always Been A Writer?
Yes; I’m what is known as a compulsive writer. In fact my husband always swears that he “joined me” to the Prestatyn Writers Circle, because he was sick of tripping over towering piles of manuscripts whenever he entered the house.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 29 Oct 2015 16:42

Maybe

Katie Flynn is the author of numerous historical and romantic fiction novels. She has lived for many years in the northwest of the United Kingdom, where she started her career writing short stories and articles. She has over 90 novels published under various pseudonyms, one of which is Judith Saxton. For the past few years she has had to cope with myalgic encephalomyelitis (chronic fatigue syndrome) but continues to write.

Contents
References
External links
References Edit

Katie Flynn Random House
Katie Flynn Fantastic Fiction
Katie Flynn Seekbooks
External links Edit

http://www.katieflynn.com/
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/6165252.stm

Margaret

Margaret Report 29 Oct 2015 17:31

Many Thanks for replies.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 30 Oct 2015 01:50

I like her books, read one recently

Hope you manage to make contact

Lizx

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 30 Oct 2015 11:03

Judith Saxton

A pseudonym used by Katie Flynn

Born in Norfolk, and raised since the age of eight in Wales, Judith Saxton, the well known and well regarded fiction writer, chose to call Wrexham her home.

Under her name Judith Saxton, as well as the pen names Katie Flynn and Judy Turner, she writes primarily romantic themes situated in historical settings. She has also written by drawing on her family's personal experiences of life in early 20th century Merseyside and which have been adapted and broadcast as a series of programmes on Radio Merseyside.