General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FMP Brightsolid

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 9 Nov 2015 11:38

Can anyone tell me if there is some sort of problem with this lot?

Since last night, I have made 3 attempts to take out an annual world sub.
On all 3 occasions I immediately received an automated email stating my card was declined by my issuer.
I rang my card issuer this morning to be told that, as they have not received any request for a payment they haven't declined any... never mind 3!

I tried calling FMP.
After the intial welcome recording, I was treated to the standard waiting music.
At no point during the 10 minute wait was this music interrupted to advise me of my call status.

I hung up and emailed them instead.
Needless to say, so far, I have had no response!

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 9 Nov 2015 12:45

The problem was my browser!

Note to self: do not use Safari!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 9 Nov 2015 12:48

:-D

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 9 Nov 2015 17:01

This is a common (ish) problem with Safari users.

One solution is to check your cookies settings.

Set Safari to never block cookies and see if it works. Then revert back to your original settings and you may well find that everything is now as it should be.

Another alternative is to delete your cookies in Safari for the site with which you are having problems.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 10 Nov 2015 03:16

I had a similar problem with Scotland'sPeople (BrightSolid).

I've been using SP for years with no problem, recently I couldn't make a credit card payment; contacted SP and they said they had no problems reported......... eventually figured out it was my browser (MozzillaFirefox). I went back to InternetExplorer and made the payment. This has only recently happened with Firefox, no idea why.

Firefox has other problems too........ can't email SP documents to myself, and can't copy pictures/photographs I find on the internet. Very annoying.