General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

R.I.P.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PatrickM

PatrickM Report 16 Nov 2015 00:29

Adel Termos.

May your sacrifice not be in vain.

Peace be upon your soul.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 16 Nov 2015 00:49

I agree with you and the whole world should applaud his selfless action, acknowledge what he did to save lives and also support his family.

Sue

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 16 Nov 2015 01:17

Adel Termos
A very brave man, who knows how many lives he has saved.
God bless him.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 16 Nov 2015 06:10

Such a hero, so sad for his family. Rest in peace, brave man

Mersey

Mersey Report 16 Nov 2015 09:18

Rest in peace to a very brave brave man.....

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 16 Nov 2015 09:54

RIP <3

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 16 Nov 2015 10:43

RIP <3

As the world continues to mourn the deaths of more than 120 people in Paris at the hands of alleged Islamic State militants, a hero has emerged whose actions likely saved the lives of countless people — and he's nearly 2,000 miles away from Paris.

Adel Termos was walking in an open-air market with his daughter in southern Beirut's Bourj al-Barajneh district Thursday when he heard a blast. A bomb had detonated. Glass and debris went flying. There was mayhem. When Termos noticed a second suicide bomber preparing to attack, he made a split-second decision to tackle the assailant.

The bomb went off, killing Termos. But his sacrifice likely saved dozens, if not hundreds, of lives.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 16 Nov 2015 11:31

Neither his death, nor the deaths of dozens of innocent people in Beirut on 12 November was reported in the Western 'main' media. <3

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 16 Nov 2015 11:40

R.I.P

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 16 Nov 2015 11:42

RIP a brave and courageous man.

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 16 Nov 2015 11:44

It was in The Guardian, Maggie.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/13/lebanon-families-mourn-victims-beirut-bombings

RIP Adel Termos.

kandj

kandj Report 16 Nov 2015 11:48

What a brave person. RIP Adel Termos.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 16 Nov 2015 11:49

Thank you for that, Guinevere.
Noticeably one of the few media sources in the UK not owned, run and/or dictated to by Rupert Murdoch.

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 16 Nov 2015 12:12

Yes, I try to avoid Murdoch and all his works.