General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry DNA

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 19 Nov 2015 15:21

can take you a long way back. Have you made contact?
If you have do any of the people have a family resemblance?
Like this for instance ?

http://goo.gl/JEsk4u
:-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 19 Nov 2015 22:36

:-D

Can't see any resemblance....... but I haven't gone that far back with my research :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 19 Nov 2015 23:44

I asked someone from the family whose father was (allegedly - according to my gran - who was the mistress of intrigue) the father of my dad, if they would be 'up' for a DNA test. I said it was to disprove the theory - but never heard from them again!!! :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 20 Nov 2015 00:29

I'd like to get DNA tested..... to see if all my research is true! Scottish, Irish, Spanish & Viking! ......... I wonder if the ancestors from Rollo's film will show up? :-D

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 20 Nov 2015 13:37

Watch out for the worms - these ones can get you pregnant :-D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-34857022

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 20 Nov 2015 19:05

and hook worms give you the chance to play around with less risk of getting up the spout