General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

It´s that time of year

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 23 Nov 2015 17:09

The Xmas adverts are about and threads are mentioning Christmas.

Please remember the old and lonely, drop in on neighbours. Not all of them have family visit on "the day" , pop round, invite them for a drink or even invite them for dinner.
Please remember not all the homeless are there because of their own fault, blankets, food and warm coats are always welcome. There are plenty of organisatons that will pass them on without making money on them.

Pets ...You wouldn´t like to be left in the cold, nor would a dog ..don´t leave them out. Shelters are always desperate for old blankets for bedding. If you can spare a few pence to buy some food, jumpers and even toys they will always be welcome.

See not so bad this year but thank you for reading <3

Rambling

Rambling Report 1 Dec 2015 19:26

nudge :-)

and to add this which I've just watched via FB

http://www.newslinq.com/christmas-ad/

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 1 Dec 2015 20:45

Thanks for the nudge Rose
That link is a scarey thought that parents may have to pretend so they can see family.

I actually saw it for the 1st time tonight also on FB and cringed because my mother dear had somebody phone me a week before Xmas to say she was in respite care-
I couldn´t have made it for xmas no matter what but I do realize the cry that was behind it it and I did make it a few weeks later.