General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The joys of genealogy

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 23 Nov 2015 17:23

:-(

After researching OH´s Dimmocks from London I saw that Peter Harold Dimmock OBE etc etc had died ...Oh I thought I wonder if he was one of ours.
Took me ages to find out who his parents were .....not on Wiki nor did his birth help as his mothers maiden name was HUDD and I couldn´t find a Dimmock . Hudd marriage. I did find them eventually Frederick Dimmock and Paula Hudd. or more to the point Ruby Pauline Hudd (still can´t find a marriage).
Anyway after tracking them around Streatham, Bucks and a few other places we came back to Camberwell. Yep we have Camberwell Dimmocks.

24 hours later all I can say is well it was fun but he ain´t one of ours. Well not unless I can get ours much further back than I have :-P

Still it was fun. :-D :-D

Andrew

Andrew Report 23 Nov 2015 18:28

Surname First name(s) Spouse District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages Mar 1913 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anwaruddin Mir Sterling - Hudd Wandsworth 1d 1010
Hudd Ruby P S Mir Anwaruddin Wandsworth 1d 1010
MIR Anwaruddin Sterling-Hudd Wandsworth 1d 1010
MIR-ANWARUDDIN Male Sterling-Hudd Wandsworth 1d 1010
Sterling-Hudd Ruby P Mir Anwaruddin Wandsworth 1d 1010

Andy

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 23 Nov 2015 18:32

Thank you Andrew

Andrew

Andrew Report 23 Nov 2015 18:34

U.K., Civil Divorce Records, 1858-1914