General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I suppose I need to get myself in gear

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 25 Nov 2015 22:29

Just realised it,s nearly December and I haven't even thought of Christmas

Our great grandkids will be aware of how recent events have impacted so will be now focusing on Father Christmas and his presssies

We deliberanly didn't involve the younger kids on grt grandads illness and his loss as we thiought It would be traumatic for them

I have decided not send umpteen Christmas cards as the postage is too much . I will make a donation instead to the hospice where hubby was for his last two days as they were so good with him and need all the supporti to help others

Will buy card for close family that can be hand delivered as well as some family who live in Canada , we have two great friends too that will send cards to

Pressies though haven't been in my immediate shopping list,but i do have to get in the moment and realise life does go on

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 25 Nov 2015 22:55

Dear Shirley.
Christmas would have been the last thing on your mind.
Everyone will understand how you must feel.I think a donation to the hospice is a lovely idea and will be so appreciated.
Still thinking of you, take care xx <3

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 25 Nov 2015 23:23

If you gave the grt grandchildren's parent's a budget, they'd probably be only to pleased to get something on your behalf. Everyone else will know that you are still coming to terms with your loss.

Best get a few cards and stamps in just in case you receive one addressed to "Mr & Mrs Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it". <3

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 26 Nov 2015 03:41

DetEcTive's suggestion to have some cards and stamps handy is good advice. Last year my husband died in early October and I received a number of Chtistmas cards addressed to both of us from acquaintances from out of town. It necessitated sending cards with a note informing them of the sad news.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 26 Nov 2015 03:50

there always seems to be someone who has not heard :-(

so it is a good idea to have some blank cards adn stamps on hand so you can let them know.

Otherwise, people will know you have had lots of things to think about for the last several months .............. the donation to the hospice is a wonderful idea.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 26 Nov 2015 17:40

Shirley, I was sorry to here about your husband and know that you worked hard to get him home.

It is good to feel positive - but you don't have to be.

It's good to think about others - but you don't have to.

You will find your right gear but it needn't be right away - others will understand.

Do what YOU feel is right for you.

:-)

Joeva

Joeva Report 26 Nov 2015 19:25

Wise words nameslessone............. I totally agree.

Do not stress yourself Shirley worrying about others in your sadness ........ it will bring you down ... put yourself first and do what is best for you.

Jo <3