General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bearded Dragon (Owners)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mark

Mark Report 27 Nov 2015 18:13

Hi

For the past couple of months now I have been researching how to look after bearded dragons and just wondered if anyone on here may also have the same interest. Would be nice to hear from you ..

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 27 Nov 2015 21:40

I don't know what bearded dragons are :-S

But...... we have several water dragons in our garden. :-D

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 27 Nov 2015 21:51

Bearded dragons are typical Australians.

"Bearded dragons are usually gentle by nature and you rarely hear of an aggressive bearded dragon, especially towards poms. In fact, bearded dragons do not attack when threatened, instead they freeze, puff their throat, and may change colors.

They are easy to maintain as well. They don't require walks and following a basic routine can be more than enough care for a bearded dragon. On top of this they enjoy being handled and stroked. They may squirm the first few times you hold them, but they will eventually recognize their master and will sit, relax, and perch on a person's body. "

once by a billabong ...
http://www.howtotrainyourdragon.co.uk/

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 28 Nov 2015 02:18

Our dragons will eat just about anything, especially fruit.

And........ they often eat their young (not a bad idea :-D )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_water_dragon

Ours hibernate under the house during winter.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 28 Nov 2015 10:35

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_water_dragon

very handsome creatures
somehow they remind me of Ozzy Osbourne who eats his clients

lavender

lavender Report 29 Nov 2015 00:16

Unless somebody can point me in the direction of a decent pair of cosmetic tweezers, I fear that I may turn into one of these creatures before too long :-( :-0 ;-)

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 29 Nov 2015 02:46

dragon lady? :-S

:-D :-D :-D

lavender

lavender Report 29 Nov 2015 09:52

When I was young you could pick up a cheap pair of tweezers in Woolies and they would grasp a stray hair instantly.

Nowadays, I've got several which are all as good as useless.. rather worrying since it is said that my gt gt grandmother sported a full beard :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 ;-)

Sorry not to have more information on Bearded Dragons, other than my little grandson loves them at the local farm park :-D