General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hello peeps. I'm back!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Florence61

Florence61 Report 29 Nov 2015 12:57

Hello . Yes I'm back after a break on here. Ive had a few problems in my life and still some to deal with but im getting there. So what have I missed on here? Anything exciting happen or not lol. I have now lost 2 1/2 stone in weight, a size 12 and have long hair instead of the old style of perm.
I feel so good in myself, have new trendy clothes and have my confidence back.
I wanted a new life and gradually im heading in the right direction but my major plans will not happen til next year.

Don't want to go into the details etc but im a lot happier than I was.

So are there any cheery xmas threads to get stuck into. Any other old faces come back that ive missed.

Hope you lot will fill me in so I can catch up.

usual gales and power cuts up here but that's a normal winter in the wild west...lol

Good to be back
Florencexx
In the hebrides :-) :-)

Rambling

Rambling Report 29 Nov 2015 13:10

Welcome back Florence :-)

Well done on the weight loss and also treating yourself to some new clothes! Hope all your plans come to fruition.

Quite quiet on here, but would be nice to have some happy Christmassy threads ( my own posts are depressing, even to me lol).

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 29 Nov 2015 13:10

wow - I've put up a thread way back asking if anyone knew what had happened to you - and here you are :-D :-D :-D :-D

Lovely to see you again <3

so it's a new you all round then - you clever girl :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 Nov 2015 14:21

Good to see you back. I've missed your weather warnings :-D

Florence61

Florence61 Report 29 Nov 2015 14:42

Well hello ladies and gents. Good after noon to you all and thanks for your messages.
Ann that was kind of you putting up a thread for me, lovely lady you are.

DET, I shall be redoing the weather warnings staring today ...lol

Severe gales up here, ferries on amber alert 60-70 mph...a tad breezy and blooming freezing.

Joan
Yes I was on that 5 2 diet and it so worked for me. My colleagues at work noticed after about 3 weeks and now say I look totally different. it was an easy diet with no fads or quick fixes just steady 2-3 lbs a week.

I have given up potatoes, bread, rice and pasta. All of which I enjoyed but always left me feeling sooo bloated. Within a few days of not eating those foods, I felt more energetic and lighter. just eat multigrain crackers now for lunch with philly and a apple, sometimes a yoghurt and that's me til tea. Bowl of special k with apple or orange juice as allergic to milk.

Ive been running a xmas craft club with another teacher and made my first harris tweed xmas wreath!!. Really enjoying making cards too and knitted xmas trees to hang on my own tree.. they all looked really good when finished.

Im busy with organising our village hall xmas fair this week so may not be around on here til next weekend but then I shall be following threads etc and getting back into fam tree research and of course chatting with you lovely people.

Power is till on...for now. Hope u don't have snow Joan over your way yet but I think its coming this winter.... nice coal fire on today and toastie. :-) :-)

Florence
in the hebrides

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 Nov 2015 14:53

So it's hold-on-to-your-hats weather?? :-D :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 29 Nov 2015 15:05

Helloooo lovely Florence...lovely to see you back :-D <3

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 29 Nov 2015 15:28

Welcome back Florence :-D <3

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 29 Nov 2015 15:30

Good to see you' re back and more glamorous than ever.
Congrats on the weight loss.

You must be chuffed to bits. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 29 Nov 2015 15:48

Florence <3 <3 <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Nov 2015 16:28

Lovely to see you back Florence. Well done on the weight loss and you sound so full of all the things you are doing, full of energy. Well done, long may it continue. We have missed you on here reporting from your 'outpost'.

As somebody who enjoys making cards i can understand the pleasure it gives you, it is a lovely hobby.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 29 Nov 2015 20:53

welcome back, Florence ............... and congratulations on the "renewed" you.

I hope you continue to enjoy the new you and the new pastimes xxx

You have been missed :-)

lavender

lavender Report 29 Nov 2015 23:21

Welcome back :-) and many congratulations on your weight loss. That's a huge achievement.

Glad you are so happy with the new you :-)

Florence61

Florence61 Report 30 Nov 2015 00:13

Aw ladies, thankyou so much for you lovely comments and compliments.

yes have to say I am really pleased with the new me. I got stuck in a terrible rut as one does sometimes and other stuff too which didn't help!

So I just took a good look at myself and my situation and decided enough was enough and only I could change it if I wanted to. so I did. I haven't completed my changes yet as they are a work in progress and rome wasn't built in a day... but bit by bit, I will achieve my aims eventually(hopefully by next summer).

we had a short power cut tonight and the wind is howling along with hail and frequent wintry showers...don't think I will sleep much as it sounds like marbles rattling against the windows....

nite nite peeps

Florence
in the hebrides :-D <3

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 30 Nov 2015 04:55

Welcome back Florence <3

Congratulations on the "New You", well done :-D

your weather last night sounds like what we also had...... power cuts, howling wind & heavy rain & hail, we also had thunder & lightning (sounded like it was right on top of us)......... except for your chilly weather; I don't think the temperature got below 30C, so it was verrrrrrrry muggy :-(

Donner & Blitzen got here much too early. :-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 30 Nov 2015 06:30

Happy to see you posting and being so successful with your plans to change your life, Florence.

I wish I could be as strong minded over my diet. It's been harder than ever recently as o.h. has had to do lots of long shifts so I have had to do meals to suit him instead of having four nights a fortnight when I can do my preferred meals.

Hope you will stay warm and toastie all winter
Take care

Lizxx

Fly

Fly Report 30 Nov 2015 12:35

Welcome back Florence and well done to you <3