General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Men DO remember...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 30 Nov 2015 05:11

A couple were Christmas shopping.

The shopping centre was packed, and as the wife walked around she was surprised to discover that her husband was nowhere to be seen.

She was quite upset because they had a lot to do, and she became so worried that she called him on her mobile 'phone to ask him where he was.

In a very quiet voice, he said "Do you remember the jewellers we went to, about five years ago, where you fell in love with that diamond necklace that we couldn't afford, and I told you I would get it for you one day?"

The wife choked up and started to cry, and said "Yes, I do remember that jewellers shop".

The husband said........... "Well, I'm in the pub next door".

:-D

BarbinSGlos

BarbinSGlos Report 30 Nov 2015 09:34

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 30 Nov 2015 10:16

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 30 Nov 2015 14:26

All shopping centres should have a "Hubby Creche" with car magazines, coffee, beer, toilets and a choice of wide screen TVs showing sport or films. ;-)

My wife wanted to leave me in the Ball pen play area in Ikea, but the said I was too tall!

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 30 Nov 2015 21:03

Mayfield ............

Most malls here have at least one coffee shop .................. and there are usually several "single" men sitting there

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 30 Nov 2015 21:35

:-D :-D :-D :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 30 Nov 2015 22:52

I've noticed, in several malls....... there are seats situated outside women's clothing stores........ must check the jewellery stores next time........... or maybe the jewellery stores want the husbands?

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 1 Dec 2015 11:49

At the Metro Centre there are a lot of seats in aisles between shops. I've parked hubby there with the other guys and simply moved him to the next bunch of seats as I've gone from shop to shop. Unsurprisingly, he's only ever been once.

Surprisingly, as we were coming toward it on Sunday he asked if I'd like to drop I for a coffee and a look around!

I couldn't bring myself to say yes and he had no idea of the bedlam of the place on a weekend at this time of year. As we got past it, the queues heading toward it were bumper-to-bumper at least two miles long. When he saw that, the look on his face said it all :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 1 Dec 2015 17:12

JoyL

our malls are the same ............. all have seats in the centre of the aisles / hallways between shops, and they are often occupied by men (both young and old!).

We really needed to go to our local mall last Saturday as I needed to pay a bill at one of the stores .............. BUT it was Black Saturday

OH is usually very willing to take me ................. but was very thankful when I said I could leave paying the bill until one afternoon this week as long as it was on or before Dec 4) :-D

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 1 Dec 2015 18:17

Sylvia,

I can only guess at the look of relief that spread over his face. :-D

My husband is always happy to wander around Durham and we often walk on the bridle path through the paddock and farmyard then along the river into the town proper. I have to say, though, that Durham is a small, ancient, picturesque city and as hubby is a local lad, we don't get very far before we bump into someone he knows and stop for a chat. The Metro Centre is a different prospect altogether.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 1 Dec 2015 20:35

I don't think we're doing much shopping this Christmas.

DH hates shopping (I go shopping when I have to, I don't think of it as a pleasant day out), and I'm still using crutches (only one now).

There are very few shops in our small town that have anything other than basics.

Ooooh.......... Himself just walked into the study, moaning that his watch just fell apart.......... I wonder what the watches in Target are like?

:-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 2 Dec 2015 01:40

OH hates going shopping if it means "looking around".

He goes into a shop, says he wants whatever it is (shirt, watch, hammer, etc) ........ and usually buys the first one he sees!

That's probably why the last shirt he bought for himself was 2 neck sizes too big :-D

I on the other hand usually know what I want, but am selective about what I buy ...... so it takes me longer!

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 2 Dec 2015 06:50

DH is the same. He has trouble getting long trousers to fit, because of his "rugby thighs" (but they're not as big as they used to be)....... some years ago he found the perfect fit, so bought several (at least 4 pairs)....... and they were all the same colour!

He hates going with me when I'm looking for shoes. He is one of the rare people whose feet are exactly the same size, he usually buys the first pair of shoes he tries......... not like me....... there's more than 1 shoe size difference in my feet, and it takes me forever to find a pair that (sort of) fit.... and I have "duck feet", wide at the front and narrow at the back........ and loads of damage from dancing. :-(

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 2 Dec 2015 20:17

OH was very patient a couple of months ago .................

I now have to be very careful about the shoes I wear ......... heel has to be a certain height, I have to be able to fit an orthotic in there, etc etc

He actually drove me to a shop we'd heard about that was said to have a reasonable selection, and sat there very patiently while I tried on pair after pair, walked around the shop, etc, and hummed and hawed. He even popped out without complaining to put more money in the parking meter.

He then took me back the following week to return one of the 3 pairs I had bought because they really didn't feel right after walking around inside the house. Still without complaining!

I don't think I will test his patience by asking him to go with me to find a new long skirt though :-D