General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Some interesting facts about your post code area.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 5 Dec 2015 22:51

Enter your postcode in the search top right.

http://www.whataddress.co.uk/postcode/

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 5 Dec 2015 23:05

Sorry this is a load of rubbish. According to this website, there have been 3 Violence and sexual offences, 4 shoplifting, 6 Burglary and 8 Criminal damage and arson all of which were at our civic office!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 Dec 2015 23:17

It may not be rubbish, Claire in Wales - the reports may have been logged as being received from the Civic Centre, or it was the closest identified address to where they occured.

Our road, for 2013, logged Burglary 1 & Criminal damage and arson 1. As its known that a house was burgled, the criminal damage could well have taken place at the same time

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 Dec 2015 23:18

That's interesting - and hilarious.
Apart from the centre of town having the highest crime rate (shoplifters mainly), the third highest crime rate is at one address, which, I think is where the courts are!! :-D :-S

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 Dec 2015 23:19

Maggie - I've heard of that happening, but in relation to a Police Station.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 Dec 2015 23:29

At the court address, it's mainly anti-social behaviour (39), but amongst the other crimes are 8 Public Order offences, 7 drugs convictions, and 1 possession of weapons :-0

BUT - it doesn't give the time scale.

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 5 Dec 2015 23:38

+++DetEcTive+++ I live in a small town where someone had the audacity to be caught throwing a cigarette butt from a car window..... it made page 1 in the local rag!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 6 Dec 2015 00:30

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Kense

Kense Report 6 Dec 2015 08:18

If you go to this site:

https://www.police.uk/

and put in your postcode you can get details of all the individual reports and where and when they occurred.

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 6 Dec 2015 11:11

for 2013 where i live :
Anti Social 18
Burglary 1
Criminal Damage 5
Public order 1
Vehicle Crime 1
Violence and sex 3
violent crime 2

Which is a total lie because myself i reported vehicle crime twice that year, and public order notices were served on several people as well.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 6 Dec 2015 11:42

Using the ww.police.co.uk website for our road, the Criminal Damage & Arson was reported in Apr 2013. The Burglary was in Oct 2013.

On that basis, the original link is pretty accurate.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 6 Dec 2015 12:02

Not sure about it's accuracy. Our postcode covers 6 homes in a small tucked away cul de sac which is a private road. Spread among the 6 homes are 3 men and 5 women. That bit was right on the first link but apparently we have had one incident of anti-social behaviour and one of violence or sexual crime since 2013. Really? I must have blinked and missed them.

According to the police link there has been nothing in our road at all.

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 Dec 2015 12:33

Pretty accurate for here I'd say, and for previous addresses. The shopping centre ( no houses) comes up but with a different postcode, most of the crimes being shop lifting as you might expect.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 6 Dec 2015 12:43

Violence or sexual crime can go on behind closed doors, and you'd never even know about it. :-0

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 6 Dec 2015 13:10

Nothing whatsoever on the street where I live.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 6 Dec 2015 15:29

Haha..... well I went on the website and its really amazingly inaccurate. For example it says
Antisocial crimes 4077
Burgalary 3364
Arson 6208
Violent/sex offences 8443

Total crimes in my postcode.....56354!!!!

There are only about 17000 people in the total population here. There has never been any house break ins in this street or any other crime ever. So I would be very interested to know how they got this info. Also it says on the last census 2011, the population here in my postcode was......zero!!

So sorry cant make any sense of it at all.

We have the lowest risk area in Scotland and uk(I think) for insurance etc.

Oh well brightened up a dull and wet sunday afternoon, made me laugh

actually :-D :-D :-D

Florence
in the hebrides

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 6 Dec 2015 16:09

we had a double stabbing incident last week in the street next to mine, it's not unusual where i live and yet only 2 violent crimes were recorded in 2013, i don't believe that for a moment, it's a cover up.

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 6 Dec 2015 16:59

I got total crimes 4, better get a big dog and a shotgun then! :-D