General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

LIFELINE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patricia

Patricia Report 6 Dec 2015 09:24

Why is it that some of my life lines are blank, when all other tabs are working OK. Also some of my dates within the details tab seem to have a world of their own especially marriages. It's so annoying! ????

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 6 Dec 2015 09:52

From the tree view, have you clicked on the person who has children? They may currently be showing the relationship to siblings and parents, rather than spouse and children. You'd need to click on their 'box' to see other relations.

Dates can get mangled if you've uploaded a gedcom rather than started from scratch on this site. Dates are supposed tp be entered as dd/mm/yyyy. If you orginally did that, did you remember to 'save'? You might need to scroll the page down to find the button.

Patricia

Patricia Report 6 Dec 2015 10:05

Thanks, I'll have another try. I haven't uploaded a gedcom - maybe it'll sort itself one day. :-S