General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Celebrity Status

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

lavender

lavender Report 11 Dec 2015 15:54

I'm not a fan of 'Celebrities' unless individuals have earned respect through their achievements in life, then I don't have a problem.

Take the Kardashians. It's interesting that so many are fascinated by this family, at least that would appear to be the case if we are to believe what we read in the press?

From what I perceive, it just seems to be a case of the Emperor's Clothes.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 11 Dec 2015 16:06

I know nothing about them - only know the name

Dermot

Dermot Report 11 Dec 2015 16:24

A 'Celebrity' is one who worked hard to become famous and, having achieved success, wears sunglasses to avoid being recognised in pound shops. :-S

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 11 Dec 2015 16:40

:-D :-D :-D :-D

lavender

lavender Report 11 Dec 2015 17:02

I only know they have big a***s (not something which was admired when I was young) and recently named their child 'Saint' (which speaks volumes)

lavender

lavender Report 11 Dec 2015 17:03

:-D :-D :-D Dermot

Dermot

Dermot Report 11 Dec 2015 17:29

'Canonisation' is conferred on the dead and apart from St John Paul II, the recipient is usually deceased for some considerable time.

But 'Saint & Greavsie' are to be excepted from this draconian rule.

The term 'a living saint' is a sort of an oxymoron - I think.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 11 Dec 2015 18:16

There is nothing special about them at all,,,,,and I think their self admiration and face fixes do nothing to improve their looks and Kim K who ever put it in her head she is beautiful is beyone me,,,,,,,I think they all got dropped on their heads as babies with their grating awful drawl ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but I do buy their Dash clothing line. :-D.

and the other loopy family link Bruce J.,, :-D :-D :-D.

lavender

lavender Report 11 Dec 2015 19:16

I think their self admiration is terribly off-putting, Kay.

In the press there was recently a photograph of the pregnant one (I don't know who is who) wearing some particularly tight sandals on her very swollen feet and ankles. It gave the distinct appearance of pig's trotters. We were supposed to be impressed!

I know an obscene amount of money was spent on one of the weddings although my daughter said she thought they were generous to charity. I do hope so.

It's a very strange thing that they consider themselves to be so beautiful and self-promoting but even stranger that so many follow them.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 11 Dec 2015 20:18

But what have they actually 'done' to have earned a 'Celebrity' Status? :-S
Like AnnCardiff, I'm aware of the name, but that's it.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 11 Dec 2015 22:52

Isn't it a case of American TV 'upping' them, then creating a TV show about them - rather like TOWIE and Made in Chelsea?
British TV buys the rights (at a reduced price, I hope) purely to fill the many gaps in their schedules.
Just a guess, I don't watch such rubbish :-|

But you'd have to be pretty desperate to be noticed to have cow fat injected into your bum!!

lavender

lavender Report 11 Dec 2015 23:08

I'm sure you are right, Maggie.

lavender

lavender Report 11 Dec 2015 23:08

I'm sure you are right, Maggie.