General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Dead Mouses......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 15 Dec 2015 04:06

don't half pong!

A few nights ago I heard the cat chasing something in the hall and in my bedroom.

The cat soon settled back on the bed, so I assumed that whatever the centre of the cat's attention was must have escaped.

A couple of days later the room developed a distinct odour, but as the cat had a couple of burst abscesses I put the odour down to that.

Meanwhile, the odour became worse.

Yesterday the penny dropped and I went on a corpse hunt.:-|

I finally located said corpse of mouse (looking very unhealthy and rather fluid) under the cat's woollen sleeping blanket :-S

The nights have been nice and cool, but the days have been very warm. Not good corpse keeping conditions!

Mouse has now been buried, and the house fully aired. This was needed because as I carried the body downstairs the odour permeated all the rooms I walked through :-D

At least the cat had the good grace to look ever so slightly embarrassed :-)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 15 Dec 2015 04:44

yep, a nasty smell!

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 15 Dec 2015 05:01

My mother had a dead rat....... in the wall cavity! What a stink.

No way of knowing where exactly the dead rat was (so the pest man said)........ he recommended putting up with the pong until the rat dried out.... the alternative was to get tradies in and demolish the walls!

Maybe there's a tiny skeleton there now.

:-(

Allan

Allan Report 15 Dec 2015 05:02

Something rotten in the State of Western Australia

With apologies to Will Shakespeare :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 15 Dec 2015 05:08

WAAAAAAAAAAA!

I had a dead mouse a couple of weeks ago....... brought it to life with a new battery.

:-D

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 15 Dec 2015 09:33

Knowing you, Allan, I nearly misread "spouses" for "mouses"

Allan

Allan Report 15 Dec 2015 10:41

Bob, I suppose dead spouses would also create a 'pong', but a bit more pungent than a mouse.

Also, there would be more questions asked before I was allowed to bury her in the garden :-D :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 15 Dec 2015 10:44

Scozz

I could have inserted a battery but I'm not sure that the necessary orifice could have coped :-( :-D :-D :-D

Phyll

Phyll Report 15 Dec 2015 11:31

We had a funny smell in our bedroom years ago. Couldn't find the cause for a few days. Finally traced it to behind the headboard. Went to pick up what I thought was a black sock but it turned out to be a dead mouse. It were 'orrible.
Phyll

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 15 Dec 2015 12:03

This makes me wonder if the plural of mouse is mice why isn't the plural of spouse spice? (Guess it could be spicy having more than one spouse)

Allan

Allan Report 15 Dec 2015 12:17

It could be, Margee, but if you marry more than one spouse at once, the punishment is having multiple Mothers-in Law :-D :-D

Dermot

Dermot Report 15 Dec 2015 17:11

Chorus
I saw a mouse.
Where?
There on the stair.
Where on the stair?
Right there.
A little mouse with clogs on.
Well I declare.
Going clip, clippity clop on the stair.
Oh yeah.

The mouse he got lonely
He took him a wife
A windmill with mice in is hardly surprising
They sang every morning 'How lucky we are, living in a windmill in an Amsterdam yard'.

Chorus

First they had triplets
Then they had twins.
A windmill with twins in, triplets and quins in
They sang every morning 'How lucky we are, living in a windmill in an Amsterdam yard.

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 15 Dec 2015 19:22

House - Hice?

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 15 Dec 2015 19:26

having just received a Christmas email from our long-time (almost 50 years) Swiss friend, and discovered his English is getting worse than it was even back then ..............

I was reminded that he always used to say ........

meeces

:-D

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 15 Dec 2015 20:36

A few years ago, we had a nasty niff in our living room. We called our the environmental officer, who turned up with his handy gadget.

Apparently we had a dead pigeon in our chimney, and it was slowly putrifying. Nothing anyone could do until it turned liquid and wasted away.

His words, not ours!

:-0

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 15 Dec 2015 21:53

HMMM!

Emulsifying......

Bob

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 15 Dec 2015 21:58

Mum in law had dead birds stuck in the flue, the one above the cooktop.

The pong was awful, and if she put the extractor fan on, the smells got worse, rather than going up the chimney.

The last straw was when "moving rice" fell out the flu! Lids were NOT taken off saucepans when they were on the cooktop.

I think Mum lived on sandwiches until her sons could get there.

DH and his brother got on the roof, cleaned out the flu the best they could.... I think there were at least 6 dead starlings stuck in there. Everything replaced, and some chicken wire fixed on top of the flue.

:-(

Allan

Allan Report 15 Dec 2015 22:10

Not nice, Scozz, if your MIL was boiling rice in an uncovered pan :-0 :-D :-D :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 15 Dec 2015 22:47

Not nice at all........ a terrible case of bird flu :-D

Allan

Allan Report 15 Dec 2015 22:52

:-D :-D :-D