General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Well that is my Christmas sorted

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 16 Dec 2015 17:49

I have to write two sympathy letters: OH has done the cards this year and is horrified at the names scratched off the card list.

The psoriasis which I had for five months beg. of year has returned some 2-3 weeks ago. I thought it was a one off event.

Ten days ago I was informed I was definitely Grade 2 diabetic. Good job I do not have a sweet tooth but sugar in everything.

Don't know who to feel more sorry for - me or OH: must be OH - he has all those spots to dab!

Just call me Spotty

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 16 Dec 2015 19:06

Chris my heart goes out to you, psoriasis is not a one off. Believe it or not stress flairs it up, hence it often shows at Christmas. Feel sorry for OH but my sympathy goes to you :-D

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 17 Dec 2015 21:57

Think he deserves an extra treat next week!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Dec 2015 22:45

sorry to hear that chris. Daughter does cope ok with her diabetes type2. she is on metmorfin (sp), it does help to control it and means her diet isn't drastically restricted. although she doesn't have sugar in coffee, doesn't drink tea. she does read all the labels to get things with lowest sugar and has learnt where hidden sugar is. (and still enjoys a glass of white wine). She carries fruit pastilles in case she has a sugar slump and tests her blood sugar regularly.

oodles of thougts fr your OH :-) :-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 17 Dec 2015 22:53

Chris, my sympathy goes out to you - I have sugar in tea, coffee, on fruit (along with cream) etc etc.....

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 17 Dec 2015 23:23

I sympathise with you. This year I have been diagnosed with eczema for the first time in my life and also type 2 diabetes.

I have been cutting down on my sugar intake since the end of July and am taking Metformin. I seem to be losing weight very, very slowly (not quite 1 and a half stone up to now - and I could probably do with losing another 5 stone!) but I think Christmas is going to be very hard for me as I've always stuffed myself silly with chocolate, cake and all sorts of goodies. The nurse told me not to be too strict with myself over Christmas but not to carry on eating the wrong things afterwards. I don't have to go back to be weighed and have my blood checked until early February so I hope I don't put all of my weight back on.

I hope your psoriasis gets better soon - I know it can be really awful and painful.

Kath. x