General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Keepsafe Permission

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cathy

Cathy Report 20 Dec 2015 12:27

Hope this is the correct forum....I just received an email from GR notifying me that a member has given me access to her Keepsafe. I do not recognize the name and do not have her in my list of contacts. I realize that she may have sent me this permission in error but I can't find where/how to contact her to find out if there is or is not a connection. Help, please. Thank you.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Dec 2015 12:59

Can't recall receiving an invite out of the blue. Can you click on the link to view the image and work it out from there?

Cathy

Cathy Report 20 Dec 2015 14:04

Thanks for the suggestion, "Det". When I click on the link in the email, I am taken to my Contacts page. Can't see her name (or any other link) there. Maybe because I don't use Keepsake very often, there is something I am missing here.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Dec 2015 14:36

If you searched for the name of the person who sent you invite, and it isn't here

- the site sent it out in error. It does happen
- the person changed their mind and deleted you from her contact list.

Cathy

Cathy Report 20 Dec 2015 15:09

Makes sense, thanks.