General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

feeling ok today

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 21 Dec 2015 15:53

its a BIG where do I go from now and feeling lost
Our step grandson came up yesterday evening to stay till xmas Eve when I will take him home and stay for xmas with our daughter and SIL

The lad is trying as he was born with congenital learning problems .

We would have him for some part of the holidays as our daughter works full time so he needed looking after

When hubby was ill our daughter and SIL were adamant that we wouldn't be able to have him because of his needs clashing with the care that granddad needed .

I volunteered to have him for the few days pre xmas as It helps us all He is company for me and gets me motivated to cook lunch and get out

We have been out for an early morning shop.had a drink at Costa Coffee had a M&S shop for me and a Sainsbury top up shop

The lad has me on even keel, he talks about Granddad and asks about him and wants to know where he is and we can talk about him and settle grandsons mind that granddad was ill and sadly has died but he is OK and he will be with us in spirit at Christmas and he will be happy we are all ok

the innocence of youngsters with learning problems brings you back to earth

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 21 Dec 2015 16:03

certainly does Shirley - children are so honest and it's so nice that's he's helping you through a difficult time <3

Iris

Iris Report 21 Dec 2015 18:22

it will take time Shirley.it sounds as if your grandson will help you ,just as mine did when my father died ,I can see him now going up and down on my fathers stair lift , asking "where man" he was only 2 then .my dad used to sit him on his lap and take him upstairs on the lift .he is 19 now and still remembers playing on it .

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 21 Dec 2015 19:46

The first Christmas is bound to be hard Shirley as our daughter is finding. We are with her and two of her son's and one's wife to help them through a difficult time. She is ok so far. It is good that you are having to concentrate on helping your step grandson through it too. Will be thinking of yo all :-) <3

Linda

Linda Report 21 Dec 2015 21:56

My grandchildren so helped me, I remember the five year old wanted to know if granddad was going under the bird bath with dizzy the dog which made us all laugh although we were crying and very upset

Barbra

Barbra Report 22 Dec 2015 12:17

Thinking of you Shirley .I think talking about loved ones helps & keeps them with us always <3 Barbra