General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Luther

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 23 Dec 2015 16:18

Was so looking forward to it and I lost the plot completely.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Dec 2015 16:21

The TV pundits are of the same opinion. I'd wanted to watch it but himself didn't, so possibly just as well in the circumstances.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 23 Dec 2015 17:18

There isn't any plot it is a mish mash of Starsky and Hutch, the Sweeney and Life on Mars with nods to Silent Witness and Ian Rankin. Instead of the sound use something like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf-brTKOOo8
and you are all set.

OTOH for crime drama done properly BBC4 had "The Third Man" on in HD last night. Robert Krasker set a standard for film photography which has never been surpassed. Not even by Hitch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-QWLAndD1E

Mersey

Mersey Report 23 Dec 2015 20:56

I have thoroughly enjoyed Luther, but have to admit I was so disappointed
with this 2 part series.........Although he is a great actor !!!...

Everyone sees things and enjoys things differently.......

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 23 Dec 2015 21:38

Over the last few weeks Channel4 has shown a Scandinavian crime drama series "The Bridge". Whoever makes "Luther" should be kept in after skool and made to watch this until they are picture perfect before being allowed anywhere XILINX kit. That way the undoubted talents of Idris Elba can be used to full advantage.

Much more of this sort of thing and the BBC will be in deep doo with their Tory enemies. They are supposed to be about quality drama amongst other things. The recent series "Capital" was another damp squib. Then there was that terrible Ulster crime series "The Fall" where all the men were interchangeable with big beards and Ballmena accents ... "Cuffs" should have resulted in wholesale sackings. On the other channel there was the incomparable "Happy Valley".

oh well

Mersey

Mersey Report 23 Dec 2015 21:52

As I said we are all different, and like and dislike different things....

Oh well :-D :-D

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 23 Dec 2015 22:24

It was just that I had enjoyed Luther previously and felt so let down.

Sue

Sue Report 23 Dec 2015 23:13

I agree entirely. Couldn't make much of it. Yes, the Beeb have had a few programmes lately that have been utter rubbish. Weird shots and very little dialogue.

I am watching less and less tv now.

Sue

Sue Report 23 Dec 2015 23:13

I agree entirely. Couldn't make much of it. Yes, the Beeb have had a few programmes lately that have been utter rubbish. Weird shots and very little dialogue.

I am watching less and less tv now.