General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Transfer photo from Keepsafe to ancestor's profile

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Peter

Peter Report 23 Dec 2015 19:30

I have successfully transferred photos to my Keepsafe file but am not sure how to transfer a particular one to the profile picture on the family chart. I am sure there is an easy answer to this but it escapes me!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Dec 2015 21:13

Click on the image, then on the right hand side you can type in the name of the appropriate ancestor. Once you've selected the correct one, make sure to save.

It isn't possible to draw a square around an individual' head-shot, although you can crop it.
It is possible to attach the same composite photo to a number of individuals. You might possibly have to upload the same photo numerous times if you intend to crop to highlight each individual.

Peter

Peter Report 24 Dec 2015 11:32

Many thanks for your help. Merry Christmas!

Peter

Peter Report 29 Dec 2015 18:29

Just one more question - if I have copied an incorrect image to a profile photo on my family chart how do I delete this, please?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 Dec 2015 20:10

Go into your Keepsafe, and click your mouse over the incorrectly attached image.
That should open it up on a full page.

On the right, click the Edit button.
The name of the relation the image is attached to will highlighted in grey – you may have to scroll down.

The name will have a little x after the born-died date. Click the x. That will remove the link.

You can then type the name of the correct person in that box & select when it appears.

Remember to Save Changes

Peter

Peter Report 30 Dec 2015 14:13

Many thanks and Happy New Year!