General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

renewing details online

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 6 Jan 2016 07:22

Last year we got a good deal with our electricity provider; today we received an email asking if we wanted to continue...... the deal is almost as good.

This can be renewed online.

Click........

Did they have our information....... name, account number etc etc ? NO!

I had to complete all the boxes... name, address, Account No, my DOB etc (page 1) Click

Then...... page 2.......... direct debit details... done.......... Click

Then...... page 3.... pensioner discount...... Card No, start & expiry dates... Click

Then........... watched a circle going round and round and round and round for 15 minutes. :-(

Gave up............. 'phoned them.......... listened to the options......... that took a couple of minutes......... then heard "We are currently very busy, you may have to wait 15 minutes" :-(

THEN "the voice" said...... You can complete the details ONLINE!!!!!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

There was an option........... THEY can 'phone ME! CLICK!

Weird choice........ you can't say any day between 8am & 5pm..... you have to choose a day, and a time frame of two hours (eg 9am-11am or 3pm-4pm). I said tomorrow between 11am & 1pm.

Should I keep my fingers crossed?

:-|

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 6 Jan 2016 09:19

Definitely. Especially if they've 'outsourced' the call centre to Asia.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 6 Jan 2016 10:11

oh no..........

thinking of tomorrow.........

I find 'phone calls frustrating enough, because of a hearing loss..... someone who speaks English in a "different" accent will make it difficult!

That's NOT a racist reason......... the reason is ME... because I'm half deaf!!

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 7 Jan 2016 01:39

It's now 12.39

No 'phone call yet.

:-(

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 7 Jan 2016 02:54

you can complete the details on line ...

it always reminds me of many years ago when I broke my phone

this was in the days when, if you broke your telephone, a repair person came to your home and fixed it, or brought a new one ... yes, long long ago in the mists of time

my problem was that I had broken the dial off my phone

so the best I could do was grab hold of the remaining thingy that the dial should have been attached to and twirl it all the way around and hope that dialed '0' for operator

it worked, and an operator answered, and I said I'd broken my phone and could she please connect me to the repair service

she answered brightly: You can dial that yourself!

................. um actually no I can't, because ... I've broken the dial off my phone

and we both had a giggle and she connected my call :-)

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 7 Jan 2016 04:58

lol...... she was reading page ?? of the customer manual :-D

Early this week our car wouldn't start when DH was out, DH 'phoned the AA....... and told them he had one line left on his mobile 'phone and obviously didn't have much time to talk..... the operator starting asking questions about membership, home address etc..... he interrupted and said again about the 'phone....... and she said.... give me your 'phone number and I'll call you back. :-S

She took his location........ and a rep turned up 20 minutes later.

I haven't had a call from the electricity company yet...... and it's nearly 4pm! :-(

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 7 Jan 2016 15:20

I should have said the reason it reminds me of that ...

I've had big problems with my internet since we moved a year ago, three long outages (hours each time, one time more than a day)

while I sat on hold waiting and waiting and waiting for someone to answer my call, the friendly helpful automated message (in between some of the loudest and most worthless muzak I'd ever heard) told me over and over that I didn't have to wait in line on the phone, I could go on line to the company's internet site for answers to my questions

:-| :-| :-| :-|

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 7 Jan 2016 15:52

A while back the electricity cables supplying a large Estate were vandalised. Reportedly one woman phoned to ask how many more days it would be before power was restored.
The auto announcement said progress could be checked on line. :-S